Post Acoustic/Electric Hybrid Sets

tr3v0r

Hey everyone!

I had an idea the other day to combine my Yamaha DTXpess IV, with my Tama Rockstar Series.

As you can see, I have double bass set up, along with the bass pedal, and hi hat pedal from the electronic set. Then I have 2 electronic cymbals, AND 2 electronic tom pads set up next to my hi- hat

On the other side of my bass drum, I have 3 pads set up as congos, so my guitarist can add percussion when he isnt playing

The possibilities are really endless, from electronic drum sounds, to all different effects and such, I such saved myself a boatload of cash.

WHAT do you guys think?

(By the way, I'm 16, hence the shitty cymbals)

If anyone else has pics, post em here!

Attachments

• img086.jpg
    img086.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 314
  • img095.jpg
    img095.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 319
  • img0317.jpg
    img0317.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 317
  • img0501.jpg
    img0501.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 313
Re: My Genius Idea. Acoustic/Electric Hybrid Set

Pretty cool. I've wanted to do something similar myself since I saw some Rush concert vids. Rock on.

Re: My Genius Idea. Acoustic/Electric Hybrid Set

Pretty cool. I've wanted to do something similar myself since I saw some Rush concert vids. Rock on.

Thanks! I just had the two next to each, and figured why not, it's really opened more opportunities, with ALL the effects the kit has

You mean, something like this...

Attachments

• IMG_4008-1.jpg
    IMG_4008-1.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 294
How in the world is that comfortable?

I'm assuming you mean the pedals. Well, honestly they are extremely comfortable. I put the front of my foot on my actual hi hat pedal, and the heel on the electronic pedal. Works out great, AND I can switch my right foot with either pedal with no issue whatsoever

Back