Mapex FTW! (New in here)

Jounari

Hi!

I'm new in the forums and I'd like to introduce my drum kit for you people!
Here it is:

Mapex Q-series

Bassdrum
22x16 (Pinstripe/Remo UX)
Toms
12x9(Pinstripe/Remo UX)
13x10(Pinstripe/Remo UX)
16x14(Pinstripe/Remo UX)
Snares
14x5,5 Q-series (Remo CS coated/Ambassador snareside)
13x6,5 Mapex birch snare(Ambassador coated/Remo UX) (Pro/Black Panther, I'm not sure which serie. The guy who sold me this said it's Panther without the badge, but there is still that Mapex badge like in the rest of my kit)

I really love this snare, it was cheap (85 euros), it is beautiful and sounds awesome when tuned tight. I'm just waiting for the new head for this snare, and maybe I should replace that resonant head too..

Cymbals
Paiste Alpha(Brilliant)
14'' Sound edge hihat
16'' medium crash
18'' medium crash
20'' Metal ride

Meinl
14'' HCS hihat as x-hat
Classics 10 splash/12 cracked china as a stack
18'' china

I use Tama Iron Cobra "jr." doublepedal and the other hardware is mostly mapex and sonor. I also have few pads from my millenium mps-200 e-kit just as a funny effects. I mostly use 2 pads, one as a side-snare and one as a 10'' tom or as a cowbell.

HERE are some new pics. I don't use the e-pads in the current setup, but I keep changing between theese two setups. Now I use two rack toms and two floor toms. The second floortom is from my friend's additional drum kit which is made of Keller shells. That floor tom is not as deep as mine, but i use it as the lowest tuned tom beacuse it has more deep sound beacuse of the remo emperor on it.
The double tom-stand is also my friend's one. The places of the cymbals still keep changing but this current setup feels pretty comfrotable to play. Only thing that annoys me is that I don't really like the look of the13'' tom as a rack tom, but beacuse of my friend's tom stand, I was able to put it even little more comfortable than earlier.

Some pictures of my snare (If someone can help me identify this beauty, tell me!)

(Sorry for my english and I'll add better pictures tommorow, I just wanted to get this thread up!)

Last edited:
Nice kit there is something about black & chrome that is just too cool, Just curious are Paiste's cheaper than Zildjian's since you're closer to the factory?

Keep swattin'
Bonzolead

Nice kit there is something about black & chrome that is just too cool, Just curious are Paiste's cheaper than Zildjian's since you're closer to the factory?

Keep swattin'
Bonzolead

Thank you!
I don't think Paiste's are cheaper here. I've ordered my cymbals from the German webstore "Thomann.de". Of course you can get even better deals from the local shops than from the Thomann if u know how to talk with them, but I don't really have any good shops nearby where i live, so that's why I have ordered my stuff mostly from the Germany.

Sweet kit. I have the same snare as you, picked it up a year ago from my local music store for £90. I have an Evans ST dry on it, sounds awesome.

Attachments

• Mapexsnare.JPG
    Mapexsnare.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 579
Sweet kit. I have the same snare as you, picked it up a year ago from my local music store for £90. I have an Evans ST dry on it, sounds awesome.

Thank you! Yes, that snare has beautiful sound,I just wish i could get that new head for it..I'm going to get an Aquarian texture coated with power dot. I asked for Remo cs coated, but they weren't selling Remo heads, so they suggested me that aquarian head. I have never used aquarians before, so I'm not sure is it a good choice..I hope it is.

Btw do you know what model is that snare? Beacuse I don't know and I wish somebody could say what model it is.

Thank you! Yes, that snare has beautiful sound,I just wish i could get that new head for it..I'm going to get an Aquarian texture coated with power dot. I asked for Remo cs coated, but they weren't selling Remo heads, so they suggested me that aquarian head. I have never used aquarians before, so I'm not sure is it a good choice..I hope it is.

Btw do you know what model is that snare? Beacuse I don't know and I wish somebody could say what model it is.

No I don't know either, the badge just says Mapex on it, doesn't say what series its from or anything

Got a new snare head last week, an aquarian texture coated (they weren't able to get me that with the dot so i decided to try just the texture coated)

I really like that head! When tuned tight it gives an awesome tone to the snare! It's not just a dead "pop" sound, it has a nice ring, eventhough it's a wooden snare. I touhght the head would be like a remo coated ambassador, but i think it's even better! I like!

Back