Ludwig Club Date for $499

That's a great deal especially for the 13-16-22. Somebody should grab that quick. Wish I could.

One's already gone, and I'd love to get the other, but... not this week.

Someone from So Cal who loves Ludwig should do it, then post a video...

I have an injured Buy It Now finger or I would do it...
(Actually prefer the 20" kick and the old Element SE style lugs...)

Good deal, these shell packs were $900 new without snare. $499 is almost as low a used shell pack price.

Insane deal. I got mine on blowout for $625 - 12/14/20 in Ruby Sparkle and felt like I stole them for that. They are a great gigging kit, especially when I don't want to bring one of my lacquered kits - cramped bar stage, outside, etc.
The only thing to do is remove the tom mount/arm and throw it in a nearby lake. So add $50 for a new mount option. Do a search here if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Neal

The only thing to do is remove the tom mount/arm and throw it in a nearby lake. So add $50 for a new mount option. Do a search here if you don't know what I'm talking about.

And aren't those the hokey non adjustable bass drum spurs, the same that come on SIGNET105?

Attachments

• Picture 9.png
    Picture 9.png
    117.3 KB · Views: 517
And aren't those the hokey non adjustable bass drum spurs, the same that come on SIGNET105?

Yes, absolutely. The spurs suck, and they don't fold up nicely either, because the loonnngggg tension rods prevent them from folding up close to the shell. Makes it a bit difficult to put into a bag.
The drums are still great though, and certainly worth $500.

Neal

Yes, absolutely. The spurs suck, and they don't fold up nicely either, because the loonnngggg tension rods prevent them from folding up close to the shell. Makes it a bit difficult to put into a bag.
To fold the spur remove it from its mount and place it in the opposite end of the mount so that the leg faces the batter side of the drum. The spur will then fold in the center of the drum with the leg pointing upwards. When setting up the kit turn the spur back around in the mount.
It only takes a few seconds.
It took me a while to figure this out. I owned the kit for a year before I realized it. It was so simple that I was a bit embarrassed with myself for not seeing it sooner. :)

To fold the spur remove it from its mount and place it in the opposite end of the mount so that the leg faces the batter side of the drum. The spur will then fold in the center of the drum with the leg facing upwards. When setting up the kit turn the spur back around in the mount.
It only takes a few seconds.
It took me a while to figure this out. I owned the kit for a year before I realized it. :)

Ahhh, I get it. Great tip, thanks!
I'm going to try and see if a pair of the Dunnett gull wing spurs fit these, would be a nice little upgrade. Your trick would still apply I think…

Neal

I don't understand why Ludwig didn't go with their classic spurs that went into the shell for transport. My vintage Gretsch kit has spurs similar to the retractable Ludwig ones and they are really cool. They are lightweight aluminum. Many original ClubDate kits had them.

To fold the spur remove it from its mount and place it in the opposite end of the mount so that the leg faces the batter side of the drum. The spur will then fold in the center of the drum with the leg pointing upwards. When setting up the kit turn the spur back around in the mount
..... then do the Hokey Pokey and turn yourself around. What the hell is that all about? Oy Vey!!!

I don't understand why Ludwig didn't go with their classic spurs that went into the shell for transport. My vintage Gretsch kit has spurs similar to the retractable Ludwig ones and they are really cool.
\
Exactly! Go vintage LUDWIG, couple holes, retractable (hide away) spurs, nobody would complain. Instead they went 'classically dumb', those spurs make no sense. I think they consider peeps will just remove them, chuck them in the hardware bag, and then put them on again when they set up (like FT legs), which opens a whole nuther can of set-up/break-down worms.

I like my ClubDate kit a lot Les but I agree that it is a bit embarrassing for Ludwig that they would sell these wonderful shell packs for near $900 and not use their good rail mount and spurs. I changed the tom mount but I kept the spurs and I simply turn them around.
Still for $500 that cavern club is a good deal.

They would theoretically fit into the bracket holes for the existing spurs, though looking at them now, I'm not sure they'd extend down far enough.
The Atlas anchor uses an Atlas Mount that is designed to be a lug for one tension rod.
Where would you screw the tension rod for the batter side?

Back