Poll: do you double bass?

James_E

How do I add a poll?

I'm #5.

1. Never, it's nonsense
2. Never, I get that it's need in some genres but I don't do it.
3. I fiddle with it, but not really alot
4. I wish I could, but it takes too much time to get good at it.
5. I'm working on it. Going to take a while, but I'll put the time in as I want to play music that typically requires it.
6. Love it. Work on it ALOT. I use it with the band.
7. I'm an expert. (200bpm 16ths and greater)

i have to say..... 2:)

How do I add a poll?

I'm #4.

1. Never, it's nonsense
2. Never, I get that it's need in some genres but I don't do it.
3. I fiddle with it, but not really alot
4. I wish I could, but it takes too much time to get good at it.
5. I'm working on it. Going to take a while, but I'll put the time in as I want to play that style of music.
6. Love it. Work on it ALOT. I use it with the band.
7. I'm an expert. (200bpm 16ths and greater)

# 2 for me.

#6 for me. I've been working on it for quite a few yr.and still nowhere close to where I want to be. I guess I'm slow and old. But I'll keep working on it.

I'm kind of a mix of 2 and 6, I used to play it a lot and be really good at it but recently I've been leaning towards the whole "it's not necessary all the time" sort of thing.

If I can find a way to tastefully throw it in there, depending on the music, I will. Some music requires it. Sometimes it's just a nice, quick little accent.

Double bass is awesome! Why wouldn't you?

octavia_double_bass_by_djdannyc13-d5gj3oa.png

5 and 1/2?

Close to a 6?

Love it. Used to Work on it ALOT. I have used it with bands when appropriate. But I'm not an expert, nor do I have the need/desire to work up to 7.

I'm definitely #7- yep, no doubt in my mind (I'm also extremely modest)....
To be fair- what exactly would make you a double bass "expert" in this regard??
Just because you can reach 2000bpm 16ths, how long and how consistent do you need to be able to play before expertise is attained?

I'm definitely #7- yep, no doubt in my mind (I'm also extremely modest)....
To be fair- what exactly would make you a double bass "expert" in this regard??
Just because you can reach 2000bpm 16ths, how long and how consistent do you need to be able to play before expertise is attained?

I would think the musical application of those 200 bpm/16th notes would make one an expert ;)

2. I have been working on single for years and I am still finding more to do and more needs perfecting.

#1 most of the bands that inspired me The Beatles-Steely Dan- Chicago- the Hollies there drummers never used double bass drums my friends have double bass pedals never had a need than again my music preference may be the reason why.

Probably #3. Every time I think about working on it seriously, I get inspired by a single kick player to work on everything else instead (most recently Anika Nilles).

Back