Good day/bad day check-in

Gingrich or salamander?

I was thinking more along the lines of Great Crested. Unlikely to be Palmate, I reckon; Common would be quite inconceivable.

Anyway - another good day. Rudiments were significantly better than usual. Timing is tightening up. Played a few things well; didn't play anything badly.

Like a few on here, my playing is a little affected by my 'hands health' ,as it were. As we know that can be very frustrating; you know what you want to play, you know you can play it...but then your hands won't 'deliver'.

I like to do my li'l recordings/videos (vanity?) but am almost always disappointed with the results...for a variety of reasons; I am ALWAYS absolutely stunned to see that, whatever camera/phone is used, I seem to appear as a fat, middle aged bald man...when, as we all know, I am in fact, muscular, well preserved and have long, flowing dark hair....

Anyways; recorded a thing called 'Beast' couple of weeks ago; wanted to put some 'crossovers' in but lost confidence so didn't.
Last night, I got my son to just record me for a minute or two doing them, really pleased with the result so have posted 'Duke'!!

So a brief answer would be...very very good day...hands are really bad this morning tho; won't be playing for a day or two

Good day!

Signed a new Guru artist & got one of our kits on the latest Rod Stewart tour. Took delivery of a load of new timber, & it's really good quality (not for drums, for a new outbuilding at Guru HQ). Just loading up for a gig tonight. It's some distance away, but a great venue & "Fired Up" crowd :)

Since Gingrich is a Newt but a salamander is only related to newts, it means you must have been transformed into Newt Gingrich!
"Truly, you have a dizzying intellect."

That opens up a few questions like ... do you displace the original NG is his body or is an entire new NG body constructed by the spell? If you displaced Newt in his body, what happened to Newt's consciousness?
I assume the former. The displacement stuff is surely a more complex answer, and as such, less likely to be correct. It's somewhat irrelevant anyhow, as I did indeed get better.

Band was absolutely smoking last night, & for once, so was I!!! I broke 5 sticks (although most of them were already fairly shredded), & found it necessary to inject additional hero fills ;) ;) ;) Hey, the crowd loved it, plus we got a $150 tip on top of an already good fee :)

Band was absolutely smoking last night, & for once, so was I!!! I broke 5 sticks (although most of them were already fairly shredded), & found it necessary to inject additional hero fills ;) ;) ;) Hey, the crowd loved it, plus we got a $150 tip on top of an already good fee :)

I hope you had all this on the Q3 Zoom Andy, if so, I look forward to a clip selection of this "smoking" gig :)

It's very nice when we are all "smoking" at the same time, the feel good factor is incredible and boost confidence all round, well done guys!!!

I hope you had all this on the Q3 Zoom Andy, if so, I look forward to a clip selection of this "smoking" gig :)

It's very nice when we are all "smoking" at the same time, the feel good factor is incredible and boost confidence all round, well done guys!!!
Cheers Henri :) No, I didn't record it. Figured everyone here's seen enough of my band already.

Good day , bad day?

Too early to tell.

Barry

Since Gingrich is a Newt but a salamander is only related to newts, it means you must have been transformed into Newt Gingrich!

That opens up a few questions like ... do you displace the original NG is his body or is an entire new NG body constructed by the spell? If you displaced Newt in his body, what happened to Newt's consciousness?

He's a politician, what consciousness?

The Singapore Slingbacks have just had our third session, this time avec borrowed guitarist. He enjoyed it because we're doing songs he's never played before, and a couple that he'd never even heard until we sent him links to them. I thought I'd be nervous having him there, but I wasn't, and everything turned out better than we expected. We've added a couple of songs to our set list to work on for next time. It's starting to grow like Topsy!

Good day.

Bad day - my back's misbehaving again.

Sugar... take it easy Grea, really sorry to hear this :(

I know a lot about back pain... it can be atrocious, even not being able to walk at all.

Make sure you get plenty of rest... easily said I know, all it takes is one bad/wrong body movement and it's agony all over again :(

Well, I'll stick to drumming then... :)

Probably a good idea: you'd spend the whole time wincing at my timing and tutting at the fills that didn't come off :)

F horrendous day!!!!! $8,000 worth of our critical show components have gone missing en route to the plating company. Literally drum shows halting stuff. No time to re-manufacture. No parts - no drums - no show. Triple bugger!!!!!!!! Currently feeling sick in the gut. We've been working 16 hours a day to get everything ready, & now we get screwed over by some van driving/dispatch turd who couldn't perform a simple task. Arrrrgggghhhhh :(

F horrendous day!!!!! $8,000 worth of our critical show components have gone missing en route to the plating company. Literally drum shows halting stuff. No time to re-manufacture. No parts - no drums - no show. Triple bugger!!!!!!!! Currently feeling sick in the gut. We've been working 16 hours a day to get everything ready, & now we get screwed over by some van driving/dispatch turd who couldn't perform a simple task. Arrrrgggghhhhh :(

Really sorry to hear that mate. It might be a case of sending 'they boys' around...!

Cripes, Andy :( I don't know what on earth to say. I hope to goodness it turns out ok somehow.

Back