Which wrap for my new Ludwig Classic Maple?

Drumjack

Result on post #68

After nearly 30 years, i decided to sell my Sonor Lite and to buy something new for my 50th birthday: a Ludwig Classic Maple 22x18, 12x8, 14x12, 16x14.

But which wrap shall i choose? I can't decide. Here are my favorites:

- orange glass glitter
- black glass glitter
- vintage black oyster
- vintage white marine pearl
- sky blue pearl

So what would You choose? Please tell me Your opinion, post pics and help me to decide.

I am looking forward to Your posts. Thank You very much!

Last edited:
Out of your choices, I choose Sky Blue Pearl:

ludwig-classic-maple-sky-blue-pearl-fab-four-kit.jpg

...or you could go with Blue Oyster:
Blue10(Medium).jpg

Those are all great choices. I really love sky blue pearl. If it was my kit I'd probably go with that.

Firstly, Happy pre Birthday! And congratulations on your choice of new kits.

Ohhh...those are some hard decisions to make for sure. I ordered a new Ludwig Maple Classic five weeks ago and was in a similar position. I had originally opted for the Black Glass Glitter because it looks pretty sharp and I had been impressed with the look of some of guys on here with that finish. So I ordered it and the next day was informed by my drum guy that that finish is not available. (Obviously, find out for yourself its current availability) So I had to pick another finish. I got on Google and searched for pictures of Ludwig's in all the finishes that I was interested in. I ended up going with Vintage Black Oyster. They really did a GREAT job updating this finish. To me, its a beautifully complex finish that looks like a mixture if smoke, water, and clouds. Just really cool.

But it would be hard to go wrong with those options. The OGG looks great in person BTW.

I love the vintage oyster black Pearl on my Legacy Classic kit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 2,725
When I ordered my Red Sparkle kit,3 years ago,Vintage Black Oyster was a limited/exclusive finish for just a few shops. It was tied for my fav with RS. It's limited availability made the decision for me. I wasn't sure how long it would be available and knew I would be ordering an 18" at a later date. The next year it went on the website and in the catalog.

WMP from the list you gave us. First choice for me would be silver sparkle, then blue sparkle then wmp. Happy Birthday and enjoy the new drums!

No love for the blue/olive oyster, eh? Come on now ;)

The ugliest wraps are the most rare, the blue/olive above is a great example.

Pick the finish that'll be easiest to sell for when the relation ship goes south and you want find another.

Drumjack, I'm also 50 and I've been playing Sonorlites for close to 30 years, so when you get your new drums, please give a review of what you think of them, and how you like them compared to the beloved Lites.

I once had a Ludwig Classic in natural maple finish, and my next kit will be the same. If I were to have a wrapped Luddy kit, I would go for WMP. I would not get the black oyster. I am just tired of seeing it.

Well, my suggestion is not going to be the typical response. I am an engineer, I am more into function then form. I am also color blind, so the color of the wrap is really not important to me.

I would suggest that you get the ugliest wrap out there. One that does not appeal to you. Because it would most likely be discontinued soonest and then you will have a rare color/ wrap design on your hands and everyone else would be willing to spend money on it.

Back