In the Studio on thursday

kevmac858

on thursday my band is going into the studio to record some songs. this is the 1st time i have ever had my drums mic'd and professionally recorded so im super excited yet nervous to see the outcome. we dont have a myspace because its my friends solo album and these are going to be the first recordings for the album/demo. we will hopefully knock out 5 songs in the time frame we have. i will try to get some pictures of everyone recording and once everything is up on myspace post the link to go check it out.

5 songs eh? Pretty ambitious. I hope you meet your goals.

I would show up at the studio about 3 hours early (if possible) and tune all your drums to that room, get rid of any rattles, squeaks and unwanted vibrations. Getting a good recorded drum sound is not automatic, and if this is your first time recording your kit, it will take more time than you think.

Hopefully you have fairly new heads on them and are good at tuning.

You have to let us know about your experience, I for one am looking forward to hearing what went down.

Man, that must be exciting! Hearing your drums professionally recorded...I wish I could do that!

I was in the studio for the first time ever last friday. We did three songs in one day, so five maybe much, but you could pull it of if you don't have a singer :p.

ya we are just laying down the primary guitar tracks for the first hour hopefully they are pretty basic because our singer is our guitar player (hes better at singing). so i will have at least an hour to set up, tune, and mess with my drums to make sure they have the sound i like. we are only doing origionals and a cover which will probably be some sort of RHCP song not sure. i suggested by the way because i love the drum part, the bass is sick( our bassist is insanely similar to flea's funk) and relatively easy guitar. hopefully it works out, we will probably need more time but who knows. i cant wait though, i wont sleep until then

Back