anyone owns a vaughncraft?

ecpietscheck

it really amazes the HELL out of me how cheap their shells are!
i mean, they are selling a bidseye maple shell for 300$
does any of you own one?

Talk about leaving someone hanging!
I think that he is creating Drama.
The suspense is building!

you are right
isnt it amazing they are selling BIRDSEYE STEAMBENT SHELLS (I MEAN WTF, birdseye maple is rare man!!!!) for 300$

I also have been thinking about building a snare from a steam bent shell.

I also have been thinking about building a snare from a steam bent shell.

im thinking further than that
im thinking of building a whole kit
im estimating that the grand total for a 5 piece (7x10, 8x12, 10x14, 12x16 and 20x20) either walnut/maple would be a maximum of 2500 (which is not too bad for a steam bent kit), and afterwards have the bearing edges done, and have the toms suspended on a free floating system at a custom builder...

It does seem to be the hardware that adds the most to the cost.
If you are putting together a kit, You will want really nice hoops and hardware.
This has been discussed here many times in other threads.
The finishing also takes a lot of time and some cash to do it right.

you are right
but, a plywood dw drumset, fitting my specs, would cost a minimum of 5000$
a steambent kit (which imo is by far better) would cost around the same
and, if i by this dream kit, ill have it finished in natural oil

how is it gruntersdad?
the prices really amaze me

I bought mine used about 2 years ago and then I refinished it. It is my main snare and the range in tuning is great. I have a Evans Genera HD dry batter and a Hazy 300 on the snare side.

I bought mine used about 2 years ago and then I refinished it. It is my main snare and the range in tuning is great. I have a Evans Genera HD dry batter and a Hazy 300 on the snare side.

good to read...
as previously written, im looking forward on buying some shells and have them finished on a custom builder warehouse

I own a 7X14 VC cherry snare drum (built by my friend James Walker) and it's one of my favorite drums. Sounds great and looks great-

IMG_0788.jpg

I also have birch and walnut shells that I need to complete-

IMG_2001.jpg

IMG_2531.jpg

What is that ?? A "Custom Builder Warehouse" ??

a place where they can finish the drum (if not finished by vaughncraft), a place where i could have the hoops and lugs done, and more importantly, where i could have the bearing edges done (such as sjc, truth, precision, ayotte, peace, etc... [depending on the prices])

Last edited:
Aa view after my refinish:

Attachments

• P5310055.JPG
    P5310055.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 749
Back