The Black Panther thread! For all BP snare fans and owners....

As of today, I finally upgraded to my first "pro" snare drum, with the purchase of a 13x6 Birdseye Blonde Maple snare. It sounds incredible with just the stock heads on it, but I did buy an Aquarian Super-2 Coated (top) and an Aquarian Hi-Performace (bottom) which I'm gonna put on next week when I head into the studio.

cant wait to see the pictures ;)

here are my two gorgeous cats! Black Panthers are really cool snare drums!!

Attachments

• 5_.jpg
    5_.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 2,113
  • Black Panther 14x5,5_2_drworld.jpg
    Black Panther 14x5,5_2_drworld.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 2,147
  • rij_kuukjpg_drworld.jpg
    rij_kuukjpg_drworld.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 2,159
I just put an Aquarian High Engery head on my 14" hammered bronze and it sounds amazing I recomend it for your next head change!

Here it is with an old (too dry) HD dry head
Photo-00371.jpg

I have a gorgeous BP Snare, which is a special edition. It's a 13x7 which i am told is a very rare size, and it is in honey amber over birdseye maple finish, which i have never seen another one of. Unfortunately no pics as of yet, but i will try to get some on asap!

I just got mine a week ago.

It's the same 12x7 cherry/maple that 6 other people have already posted.

I got it for 139 bucks (US).

It's PERFECT for the ska project we're starting.

12" Evans Genera HD dry heads are on the way. One for my new BP and one for my 12x3" hand hammered stainless steel tama.

After seeing all these wonderful looking drums, I think I might buy another one sometime soon. Possibly a 14x6.5 to put a fiberskin on and use for jazz stuff.

thanks for the comments on the snare, it's my Baby! I sold my kit a few weeks ago and i refused to sell it. The guy was trying to offer twice what i paid but i said "no way". The pictures make it look so bright, it's actually a really rich, slightly darker colour, i love it. I won't use another snare now.

Hows the hammerd bronze one sound? Im seriously considering it as my first ever purchase of a snare drum. breathtaking aesthetically,but how does it sound? I play mainly metal,but dabble in jazz and other genres :p so be good for it to be pretty versatile

I am currently thinking of getting the Mapex Pro M Double Bassed Kit. I play a mixture of Progressive/jazz/metal/drum and bass/funk. What snare am I best getting??

What do you think of this??? It's brass 14x5.5 and only for 380 dollars. Is it worth the money?

Attachments

• black panther brass snare.jpg
    black panther brass snare.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 2,027
Back