Sound Percussion Straight Cymbal stands.....

I own four for two years now. No problems, but they're in a studio and don't get adjusted much. That's where they are rumored to have problems. I have a Sabian Vault 20" Crossover up high, and two 18" crashes at medium height. Rock solid.

I'm on the net right now buying two more to use in straight mode under a 22" Paiste Full Sig ride and a 23" Meinl Byzance HEAVY ride. If that doesn't stress them out, nothing will.

Get the two pack at GC. $10 cheaper than anywhere else. Two booms for $60. What could be better? When they had them on sale two Christmas's ago for $50!

I have 5 of the SP boom stands that I have been gigging with regularly for the last couple of years. I've had no problems with them and they still look and work great. I normally buy them in pairs from Guitar Center for $60. A great deal IMO. I'd recommend them to anyone.

Sound Percussion's basic hardware is fine for its core purpose. I've been using one of their stands for a few years and had no problems. I also use their multi clamps. Same as tama, yamaha, pearl, etc. Just a different shape that's all.

Hey since somebody resurrected this thread, let me give you an update: After getting a couple of these SP stands, now, almost a year later, a couple of the wing nuts for height adjustment just bind up and I really have to muscle them to make them tight. They haven't been abused or anything, I think just time maybe the nylon inserts get so stiff that you're not sure how tight it is until the section just drops unexpectedly while you're playing!

Fortunately, I have some Pearl and Tama stands anyway, and judging by their age, I'd have to say the name-brand stuff is better (or maybe say, the more expensive stuff is better). Because for years now, none of my height adjusters on those stands have given me any problems. I have turned my SP straight cymbal stands into tables that don't adjust now ;)

I bought a bunch of the SP stands for the cymbal arm and boom for my rack. I pulled the upper part of the stand off and threw the base away. This was cheaper than buying Gibraltar. Peal, Tama, or DW cymbal components. I haven't had any issues with the hardware thus far.

Back