New China, Revamped setup.

As you can see, I like Neil Peart, and this seems to me to be the best way to get 3 up, one down and still have the rid right under my nose. I also like it because it's basically a 4-piece with some additives, and I gig with a 4-piece version of the kit, so there's some nice similarity there.

The china is an Agazarian 12", which is pretty much a Wuhan. I selected it out of three after testing them all in real life meatspace. It was still a bit gongish when new, but broken in it has a nice strong "Small China" sound.

Drums-

PDP FS red satin-

22x18
14x11
14x5
12x9
10x7

PDP SX natural Maple-

10x6

Mini Timbale-

10x4

Cymbals-

Paiste 16" PST 5 thin crash
Zildjian 18" A' med. crash
Zildjian 20" A ride
Sabian 10" B8 china-splash
Agazarian 12" China
Sabian 6" B8 splash
Yamaha 14" Hi-Hats (They sound decent! Really!)
Yamaha 20" Ride (Sizzler!)

Attachments

• NDP 1.JPG
    NDP 1.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 619
  • NDP 2.JPG
    NDP 2.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 607
  • NDP 3.JPG
    NDP 3.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 611
  • NDP 4.JPG
    NDP 4.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 609
  • NDP 5.JPG
    NDP 5.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 610
Wow ... that kit looks GREAT !!!

Nice recordinggear as well, must be sush a nice place to be.

3 cheers for the mini timbale! Looks like you're using it as a high tom. I've experimented with mine there and to the left of the hats....which is great for those Larry Mullen grooves. Now its right in the middle between the toms and tight to the snare....playing in one up two down tom configuration.

Congrats on a new cymbal. I'm a big believer in revisiting my setup on a regular basis.

3 cheers for the mini timbale! Looks like you're using it as a high tom. I've experimented with mine there and to the left of the hats....which is great for those Larry Mullen grooves. Now its right in the middle between the toms and tight to the snare....playing in one up two down tom configuration.

Congrats on a new cymbal. I'm a big believer in revisiting my setup on a regular basis.

Yeah, I'm a bit of a Tweaker.

Back