my fiancee is letting me put drums in living room ; )

I hate bothering people with my practice, it stifles me. I need to know that I can play anytime I want and not have to worry about bothering anyone.

+1
I find this limitation as well. My kits are downstairs, and my wife says its fine, buts its just not the same as really cutting loose practicing when nobody is home.

I would much rather have my "man cave" knowing I can jam/practice whenever i want but good luck if this works for you!

That's awesome. When we found out we were having our second baby, I didn't have a spare room any longer to put my set. Then my wife said to put them in our bedroom. I was shocked. Some wives are awesome and understanding. We both are lucky, my friend.

That's awesome. When we found out we were having our second baby, I didn't have a spare room any longer to put my set. Then my wife said to put them in our bedroom. I was shocked. Some wives are awesome and understanding. We both are lucky, my friend.

Ok, you win mate- good game everyone! ; )

Sounds like your wife has worked out what's causing the children, and wants to make sure there won't be a third.

You, sir are one lucky fellow!

I will be posting a pic of the kit soon as they come in. Looking late August to mid September. I have the Saturn IV 5 piece exotic natural ash burl ordered. Will be using a black panther phat bob snare with sabian HHX and Paragon cymbals. Pretty excited to hear it...and of course get it as well.

less furniture you have to buy for that room

She let me put my guitars and Marshall stack in there. However I traded couple guitars and the stack for the drums and cymbals. She was like "well it will just replace your other stuff and if your happy I'm happy". Now I'm just down to my beautiful acoustic guitar but that's okay since I always loved drumming more :)

My beautiful fiancee is letting me put my drums in living room. I have a basement but it's cool and damp. Told her not a good place for drums for various reasons. Besides , my living room is 28x15 with beautiful 3/4" hardwood floors and my killer stereo system. Don't worry I say , I will put a rug underneath the drums and turn the volume down ;-)

Good thing you asked before you got married!

Brought a kit home a few weeks ago, and my lovely wife of 13 years said "Aw, HELL no! The basement for you & that thing."

I have my E-Kit set up in the living room. Its a Yamaha DTXtreme 111 which is a pretty big setup. I have my 5 piece acoustic kit packed in the corner next to it. I don't get much grief about it. I'm pretty fortunate as well.

Brought a kit home a few weeks ago, and my lovely wife of 13 years said "Aw, HELL no! The basement for you & that thing."

LMAO! Sorry man, I too enjoyed that! Hopefully you are allowed to have your meals with the rest of the family upstairs.

Attachments

• small Facebook-Like-Button.jpg
    small Facebook-Like-Button.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 288
Drums *are* very beautiful things though, they're more like a sculpture than an eyesore - that's how I look at them anyway. Think of it as saving lots of money on less impressive 'art' for the house.

I've seen some real eyesores on Craigslist. LOL

BTW - my wife let me rebuild our garage into a mancave, which houses my drums. It's a win win because the kit is out of sight, and I get to hide away in the house. :)

I've seen some real eyesores on Craigslist. LOL

BTW - my wife let me rebuild our garage into a mancave, which houses my drums. It's a win win because the kit is out of sight, and I get to hide away in the house. :)

My garage won't work properly for one it is detached and out of sight from my house kinda so that is a security issue to me and two, I would rather it be heated and cooled living in the central Indiana unpredictable weather. Plus I keep my police car in there as well as my Jeep so i can keep the hardtop off for most of the year. These drums I refer to will be the Saturn IV natural ash burl so they are quite beautiful drums. Besides she has (teddy bears) in the built in bookcase that will be behind them lol. And I let her keep those there so there is a compromise even though mine will take up more room.

Hyok hyok hyok!

- Reggae Mangle

Back