If you could have it all - What would it be?

Ronnie Tutt's blue sparkle double bass Ludwigs.
Artmus Pyle's COW Slingerlands, as heard on "One More From the Road"
Nigel Olsson's natural maple Slingerlands, complete with the 7x14 wood snare drum.
Whitey Glan's Camcos
Bonham's green sparkle and stainless steel Ludwig drums

Time to play more... and maybe an earlier edition Roy Haynes Copper snare... but I'd settle for more time.

AND, I'll arrange a visit with Andy and Dean to try some Guru drums, have a very long chat about the sounds I would like to have on my drumkit, and hopefully end up with THE kit of my life. (I can still hear that bass drum sound from the little video that Andy made during Lutz visit to Guru drums a few weeks ago.... mmmmmmh, very good sound, and that from the camcorder!)
Cool! & of course, you'd be super welcome. Yes, my prototype bass drum. Out "oomphs" most 22's :)

Dave Grohls Tama Artstar II kit from the In Utero tour. Too bad its probably smashed up into 10,000 pieces by now.

If I could afford it, I would buy an hour a day with some sick drummer/instructor. I want to get better more than I want to get mroe stuff. Plus I have alot of stuff already, just not as nice as I want it to be.

Sticks, that is the best drum dungeon I have ever seen. One of these days I will post some pics of mine so you can shit all over it. Maybe post a vid of my playing too so you could od the same to it.....

If I could afford it, I would buy an hour a day with some sick drummer/instructor. I want to get better more than I want to get mroe stuff. Plus I have alot of stuff already, just not as nice as I want it to be.

Sticks, that is the best drum dungeon I have ever seen. One of these days I will post some pics of mine so you can shit all over it. Maybe post a vid of my playing too so you could od the same to it.....

Buddy. I would not crap all over anything you show. You make the best out of what you have. I am lucky to have a great wife that lets me do what I want with the house. I live in a 152 year old house on 10 acres, with a basement that has 2 foot thick stone walls. No one can here me. It is the perfect situation.

I'll add my .20 :

Maybe buy my neighbor's house, and make it a studio :) get top quality microphones and a good mixing table and soundproof it !

I've only had the opportunity of buying one snare (been changing my beginner gear to pro equipment), so I'd buy a few snares to try them out, and different heads as well.

Finally, being the cymbal whore I am, I'd buy tons of K's, K' hybrids, Paiste sigs, and sabian HH...

thanks for the thread, you got me to dream for a moment :)

Probably a really vintage kit like a set of Radio kings with a 26" Bass drum.

A whole ton of snares including the essentials (Black Beauty, LM402, and Super Sensitive) as well as some more unique pieces like a Fidock Fatboy and at least one by Guru.

I'd also make sure I got a few more pairs of the now discontinued Zildjian Armand Hi-Hats, just in case.

But that's not going to happen...

Buy the Rev's kit, and a bungalow with a basement where I could play all day with out bothering the neighbors...hey I live in Malaysia you know......

...gear wise I pretty much have everything I could want.

What I would want would be the ultimate jam room.

This fantasy man cave of mine would have a lounge, kitchen, built in wireless sound system with loads of horse power, BIG screen TV, and a fridge with n endless supply of Miller High Life.

Barry

I agree that's it's not so much the hardware it's more the practice room. If you have seen Todd Sucherman's videos you'll have seen his ideal retreat with a fantastic view from his conservatory.

Throw in a Guru one off kit made from endangered woods (might as well be selfish) and handmade turkish cymbals and you'll be in Nirvana.

Neumann microphones and hand-built/wired mixer desk and £1000 headphones.

Oh and Jojo Mayer is permanently available to teach me whenever I want.

That'll do.

Davo

Already did that. :)

IMG_3187.jpg

Most people have a kit on top of a drum rug...
I love how you have drums all over the floor and a "drum rug" type thing in the middle all alone hahaha. I WISH I had that problem. Sick room tho man!

I spy an E-kit as well in the back left corner if I'm not mistaken??

Would have a room like Sticks - three kits. Then a gigantic snare rack, cymbal collection and percussion section. Kits would be; Craviotto in rock sizes, big Zildjian cymbals (Ronnie Vannucci much, huh?), Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute equipped with Wood Hoops, daxdad etc, big Paiste Cymbals (hehe, you can clearly see my favourite drummers) and then the monster Sonor SQ2 beech shells with Meinls.

Huge cymbal collection, mostly Meinl Byzance, that's what I play now.
Snare drums from Dunnett, Joyful Noice, Longo, Brady...

Ah, keep dreamming!

That's easy for me...I'm not a greedy man at all but if I have the BIG money. I would travel to Australia and meet - Polly - personally.

Such a nice boy lol.

Ian, I've met her - you're not missing anything :)

Now ... if I could have it all ... I think I'd have a drum roadie. Then I could buy any kit I wanted.

Wy used to rave to me about Sonor so I suppose I'd be looking at the Delites. I'd augment with bongos (for sticks). Love bright drums.

But cymbals are the biggest thing for me so I'd be hunting down some Istanbuls and some effects cymbals - a China, splash, bells, spiral, those industrial things that Kindbeats uses.

I don't want drum gear, but I agree with Pol, a drum tech to transport & set up/break down my gear would be heaven. My number 1 wish though would be my own recording studio.

BTW Sticks, good to see your lair!

Just joking around Sticks.... just poimtimg out that your stuff is nicer than mine. I am making the best of it and I love it. I have about 1/3 acre and drums are in the basement but no one has complained. My drumming stops at 7 or so when the kids go to sleep.

Still want lessons and chops more than gear (a little anyway).

Back