reskin 008.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 745
  • reskin 009.jpg
    reskin 009.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 751
  • reskin 010.jpg
    reskin 010.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 736
Mmmm. There's something about clear heads and the way they look.

I still prefer coateds for the sound though. Agreed, specs?

Yamaha Oak Customs
14x5.5 Snare
10", 12" and 14" Toms
22" Bass
Zildjian As and Ks plus Stagg Splash

I was using coated ambassadors and before that coated emperors but i saw a Christmas deal for the emperors and the emad that i couldn't resist - $150 AU for the lot - including the ec2 snare head plus I got another spare snare head too!

Oh man, I liked your old setup better, especially with the coated heads. But it's still a fantastic kit. I love reskinning too, makes me wish I had some more christmas money left over to reskin my kit.

I love the look of fresh, clean drum heads too. clear and coated alike.

Sweet kit and cymbals!

What stickers have you put on your bass drum reso? Looks like a lot.

Nothing better than new heads.
And it's even better when they're quality Remo.
I'm sure the it sounds great, I personally find that coated and clear have they're own distinctive sounds/advantages and both have a time and a place to be used.

I'm intrigued, however, by the coated EC2 on the snare. I don't think I've ever really seen that used, how does it sound?

The head says its an EC Snare. This is the first time I've used evans heads but i'm liking the sounds so far - easy to tune and pretty versatile. I'm going into the studio with this snare (i'm using a yamaha beechwood custom kit) so i'll keep you guys posted.
you can hear my kit here: myspace.com/ahdtheband

and yes: my setup is dave weckl style ATM, changed a bit from the steve smith setup i had. I changed because I reburied my second Stagg "Dirt Ride" (i bury my old cymbals!)

said it before so i'll say it again - those red Oaks look incredible - great kit man, have fun beating up those pretty new heads!

Back