New Pearl Session Custom Maples - Dream Kit!!!

joshvibert

New Pearl Session Custom Maples - Dream Kit!!! UPDATED Tons of PIX

These are my dream come true, and a gift from my beautiful wife. The sizes and finish are beautiful. The sound is the best I've heard (dare I say, better than both of my previous DW Collector's kits). I'm truly blessed! I'm still waiting for a new bass hoop and a set of Aquarian heads (with white reso), but here's what I just finished setting up tonight:

13" Zildjian A Custom Hats
16" Zildjian A Custom Crash
17" Zildjian A Custom Crash
22" Zilco Ride - '70's cymbal that sounds awesome, traded a Sabian B8 Pro Crash to my old instructor for it back in middle school. I definitely got the better end of that deal.

DW 5500TD Hi Hat Stand
DW 5000 TD Pedal
(2EA) DW 5007 Boom Stands
DW 9701 Low Boom Stand
(2EA) Pearl AX-38 Tri-clamps
3 Pearl tom arms

Pearl Session Custom Maple Drums in Carbon Mist Laquer
(not sure about tom depths)
8x10
9x12
11x14
14x16 (not shown)
18x22

Evans G1 Coated Batters, Pearl reso's

DW Collectors Maple 10 & 6, 5x14 Snare Drum, Remo CS Coated Batter/Ambassador Reso

IMG_4969.jpg

IMG_4968.jpg

IMG_4964.jpg

Last edited:
Your wife got you those? Is it possible you may be in a coma and typing out your dreams?

I love it! Where did wifey score NEW sessions? I have 98 sessions and 2010 masters. Great stuff! Your sessions are masters quality drums, No doubt.

If jealousy were water, I'd have an ocean in my room.

Beautiful kit, man congrats! I hope you have a great time playing it!

Great kit. I'd like to see it shot in better light so I can see them more clearly.

Great kit. I'd like to see it shot in better light so I can see them more clearly.

Yeah, sorry, there's not much light in that room. I'll have to get some pics while the sun is still up.

I love it! Where did wifey score NEW sessions? I have 98 sessions and 2010 masters. Great stuff! Your sessions are masters quality drums, No doubt.

Well, technically they're not "new", but they might as well be for the condition they're in. I found them on Guitar Center's used page. They were in a guy's home studio in Michigan. I told her about them and that I was thinking about getting them, and she said, "I'll just get them for you for your birthday." SWEET!

Thanks for the kind remarks fellas. These things really do sound amazing!

I got my new bass hoop in yesterday (UPS cracked the batter side original upon delivery) and first thing this morning I went to work on the drums. I put on the Aquarian SK-I Batter and White Regulator Reso. I took the Hoop Protector Plate off the cracked hoop and intalled it on the old front hoop and moved it to the batter side so that the new hoop would be on the Reso (audiance) side. These things look awesome if I do say so myself. The white reso makes the kit look exactly the way I want it. Dream drums for sure. I put a new light bulb in the fixture, and found that there were supposed to be two to begin with, so now I've got a lot better lighting. Enjoy the Pix!
IMG_5071.jpg

IMG_5072.jpg

IMG_5074.jpg

IMG_5075.jpg

IMG_5079.jpg

IMG_5084.jpg

IMG_5085.jpg

IMG_5086.jpg

IMG_5089.jpg

IMG_5093.jpg

Congrats on the "new" score. Your wife sounds as awesome as mine. Whatever I wanted was usually in my drum room in a matter of days. Good to have a supportive wife. Just last week I was cruising Craigslist when I saw a Pearl Prestige Session Select kit available for sale or trade. Long story short, we swapped kits a couple of days later and I couldn't be happier. My kit is Wine Red lacquer--#100 in the Pearl catalog--in 10,12,14,16,14 s/d 22 bass and short of a few scratches, it looks/sounds phenominal. The bass has an Evans Emad2 batter on it and it just kills. Again...congrats on the find. You'll get years of great sound and enjoyment out of them. Really great set of drums.

Attachments

• pearl kit front.jpg
    pearl kit front.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 9,054
Back