show me your "WORKHORSE" snare

StarclassicB/B

as stated above.

here's mine:
photo4-1.jpg

Pork Pie 14 x 6.5 brass. I put die cast hoops on mine.

IMG_0343%20(Medium).JPG

Vaughncraft, 7 x 14 single ply, steambent maple.

Attachments

• P5310055.JPG
    P5310055.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 2,277
Mine is a Tama Warlord Masai 14x6" Snare drum.

This thing sounds great no matter how you tune it, and has the best sounding rim click I've heard. Heads wise I use an Evans ST Dry on top and a Hazy 300 on the bottom. Great dynamic range with these heads.

I'll be sure to upload some pictures of the snare by itself soon.

-Jonathan

Attachments

• Tama%20Warlord%20DW%2028.jpg
    Tama%20Warlord%20DW%2028.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 2,406
Mine is a Pearl Sensitone that I bought around 1995. I wanted an inexpensive but good sounding metal snare that I could use anywhere and not worry about. It soon became my favorite snare drum.

"How," I thought, "can this one sound so much better than all these expensive snare drums?"

I've used it for many kinds of music, live and in the studio, and it's always "been there." Amazing.

DSCF0272.jpg

Here's mine, a Black Panther 14x6 Maple, I didn't really get on with the Evans head pictured so I've gone back to a Remo Ambassador.
DSC02012.jpg

DSC02014.jpg

This is an oldish picture of my workhorse snare. Tis a Black panther 14" x 5.5" Maple. Usually use it with an Emperor-X batter. Love the sound of this thing. Looking at buying a Velvetone soon!

Cheers,

Ant

I don't have picture of the snare only but there's it is !

14x7 Bronze with everything brass plated with wooden hoops on it.

j9raf6.jpg

Mine too..Same vintage. Good workingmans snare no doubt.

Mine is a Pearl Sensitone that I bought around 1995. I wanted an inexpensive but good sounding metal snare that I could use anywhere and not worry about. It soon became my favorite snare drum.

"How," I thought, "can this one sound so much better than all these expensive snare drums?"

I've used it for many kinds of music, live and in the studio, and it's always "been there." Amazing.

DSCF0272.jpg

Ludwig Supraphonic, 5" x 14", Made on 1 June 1971.

Chrome over Ludalloy. Chrome flaked away, so it's wrapped with some purple sparkle. I've added the P-86 strainer and die cast hoops. Batter head is Aquarian Hi-Energy. Later this summer, I'm going to re-re-finish it and add tube lugs.

This drum can do anything.

Attachments

• DSC_5634.jpg
    DSC_5634.jpg
    337.2 KB · Views: 2,117
No picture until I get to our rehearsal room, but its a 14" x 6.5" brass Pearl Sensitone (very similar to the one pictured above.

I alternate that with an Omar Hakim signature.

This just became mine, I used it for the last 3 gigs as my main snare. It cost me $40 for the top wood hoop plus the drum heads and puresound wires. It is remnants of 3 shell cut offs, all 3 are (were?) maple. If I knew it was going to sound this good, I would of took more time to make it look good, was basically a throw together of old parts.

Video:
View My Video

Pic: Top snare (birdseye with black Leedy lugs) On bottom, my previous work horses.
wugz1t.jpg

Here's mine, a Tama Stewart Copeland signature snare. 5x14 COB and one die-cast hoop - sounds an awful lot like a classic Rogers Dyna-Sonic from back in the day....

Attachments

• copeland-snare.jpg
    copeland-snare.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 2,484
Heres my work horse

14"x7" Travis Smith Sig snare
15ply birch/basswood and Die Cast hoops Nothing special but it gets the job done :)

Attachments

• P1020964.JPG
    P1020964.JPG
    252.6 KB · Views: 1,984
Don't have any decent pics of my actual snare, but my main snare is a lovely 14x6.5 Ludwig Black Beauty from 2010 (Keystone badge). I've replaced the stock snares (because they were rubbish) with Puresound Custom, and for heads I use a Remo Emperor-X over an Ambassador Snare Side.

975.jpg

Back