Hello all,old man from AZ here!

Bonefrost

Hello everybody!!!
I'm 44 and just bought my first decent kit.Ddrum Rambler Journeyman,1 rack tom virgin,2 floor toms 14 16 and a virgin 22x18 kick,although I've read theyre 20 deep I think theyre including the hoops.
Mapex Vulcan direct drive double pedal
Left to right
14" Zildjian Scimitar Bronze hats
12" Wuhan mini china
16" B8 Pro crash
8" Zildian Edge splash(middle)
14" B8 Pro crash
18" pst(buying a china to replace that today)
20" B8 Pro ride
I've been in bands for 30yrs,I'm a guitarist.So I've been around drums and hacked on them a lot.Then one of my bands went 6mos w/o a drummer so we all learned a couple tunes on the drums so we could keep jamming.
After my last band broke up I bought a really cheap drum kit and had my old guitarist play the drums for my demo.
So I had a kit set up at my house for 2-3 yrs,just didn't play it.
Now I have no one to jam w/ so its learn the drums or quit recording.And I hate drum machines and drum programs,I don't even like to cut and paste the drums.

I'm going to sign up for the drum channel,is that any good?

Welcome to the forum. Always nice to have a fellow AZ drummer here. I live in Phoenix and, there are a few more of us. I actually just met Hollywood Jim in person last night. He hosts the open mic night at Rip's.

I'd love to see some pictures of you kit.

Welcome to the forum. Always nice to have a fellow AZ drummer here. I live in Phoenix and, there are a few more of us. I actually just met Hollywood Jim in person last night. He hosts the open mic night at Rip's.

I'd love to see some pictures of you kit.

Cool!!!
I'll get some pics up,my jam room is just so small w/ the new kit and amps and guitars its hard to get an angle that shows it all!And its not really that big.
I'm in Scottsdale,but same place,not north or way east.
Cool kit man,I dig it.I'm a metalhead so you know what my kit basically looks like,black and a lot of cymbals(well,more than I need at the moment)!lol!
Wheres Rips?

Definitely an older crowd here. Just wait till a young guy comes in and starts asking stupid questions, this place turns into a gang of those old guys on the balcony from The Muppets.

Rip's is downtown, 16th and Thomas. More of a bluesy crowd but one of the better jams that I've been to.

Definitely an older crowd here. Just wait till a young guy comes in and starts asking stupid questions, this place turns into a gang of those old guys on the balcony from The Muppets.

Rip's is downtown, 16th and Thomas. More of a bluesy crowd but one of the better jams that I've been to.

Cool Dude,
Is that where you got your avatar?Ha!

Animal!!!!

Welcome aboard. I'm in Tucson myself. I think at 44 (im 43) your right in the middle of this crowd. The wealth of knowledge on this forum is vast to say the least. Every style of music and brand enthusiast can be found here.

Back