lastest snare

gwaco

hey all , here is the lastest snare i built ! it was built for jennifers drum teacher casey grillo to show our appreciation for everything he has done for jennifer ( and also as an early christmas gift ) . i had to wait to post the pics until we actually gave it to him.
this started life as an early 80"s ludwig acrolite snare . we bead blasted it and put on a beautiful black galaxy powder coat . we ended up doing it twice as the first time we did the whole shell the heads would not go on due to the thickness of the coating . the second time we masked off the areas where the heads slide over the shell.
we used a legend strainer because of the nice round logo area , which was perfect for the groups logo .
all of the badging was do by a local engraving place and the results were perfect .
we decided to use s-hoops to see how well they would work and after talking with casey he really likes them .
for snare wires we went with 30 strand puresound wires.
everything worked perfect together and it turned out to be an awesome sounding snare .
well i went to upload the pics but i have to resize them first . this may take awhile !!!!!

Last edited:
hey all , here is the lastest snare i built ! it was built for jennifers drum teacher casey grillo to show our appreciation for everything he has done for jennifer ( and also as an early christmas gift ).

What a class act you are gwaco; not only has Jennifer's drum teacher taught her well, you have taught your daughter important lessons about giving to others. You can see the pride in your daughter's face. Well done.

GJS

p.s. Wonderful looking snare as well.

You guys are fortunate to have access to Casey. He is one of the finest power/melodic metal drummers out there today. I love Kamelot and his playing there is always top-notch.

That is some really nice work! Dang, I wish I got gifts like that from my pupils' parents :) You rock!

Filacterua - he is a great drummer ,but more importantly a great person ! we got to go to the studio where he was recording the new kamelot album and he gave jennifer her lesson there. she had a great time and got to play on his tour set ! he is one of the most humble people you could meet ! we are blessed that he came our way and took jennifer under his wing !
big philly - as a teacher you are deserving of such a gift . i hope someone will reward you for all your work with your students , i know i couldn't do it (teach that is ) !
i should have some new stuff coming out soon , i've been working very hard on jennifers sessions kit and casey has asked me to do something with a 13" snare he has . i have so many ideas flowing thru my head ,i just wish i had the time to make them come about .

Attachments

• the studio with casey 003.JPG
    the studio with casey 003.JPG
    286.1 KB · Views: 392
  • the studio with casey 002.JPG
    the studio with casey 002.JPG
    294.5 KB · Views: 388
I take it you are in the Seminole area? I visit Seminole Music for all of my drum heads.

big philly - as a teacher you are deserving of such a gift . i hope someone will reward you for all your work with your students , i know i couldn't do it (teach that is ) !

Closest I got to a snare drum was a 1.5 litre swingtop bottle of Grolsch beer. Great beer, and it is brewed in my city :) But the greatest reward is actually seeing your pupil getting better after every lesson.

Back