Gretsch drums

jerry

OK THEN
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF USA CUSTOM GRETSCH .I JUST ORDERED A KIT WITH 8X10 8X12 9X13 14X14 AND 16X16 TOMS . 16X22 KICK AND A 6.5 X14 SNARE 20 LUG IN ANTIGUE MAPLE GLOSS.EXPENSIVE YES BUT WOW I THINK THEY WILL BE AWESOME.SHOULD BE HERE FEB. OR MARCH .WILL DO PICKS.DOES ANY ONE OUT THER PLAY THEM ? AND HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM?

Re: GRETSCH DRUMS

Well my avatar says it all about Gretsch, and we'll expect photos when they are arrive. Let me say nicely that typing in all caps will bother some people on this forum. Just a thought.
Remember photos on receipt please. Thanks and welcome.

sorry no more all caps for me .but what about my Gretsch drums guys ? what do you think?

I'm more impressed with mine everyday. Sound good in a wide range of tuning, and very easy to tune at that. Two words, Remo Ambassidors.

Someone stole my second bass drum.. I don't have a double bass, sorry.

Some Gretsch pictures. Cindy Blackman + Tony Williams, on drums.

All the Best,

Attachments

• cindyblackmandunn1.jpg
    cindyblackmandunn1.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,616
  • tonywilliams33.jpg
    tonywilliams33.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,474
  • Tony-Williams-1965.jpg
    Tony-Williams-1965.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 1,352

Some Gretsch pictures. Cindy Blackman + Tony Williams, on drums.

All the Best,

I have a poster (from drumbum.com) of Tony and that yellow kit in an 80's Gretsch ad. (discontinued)
tony-williams-poster-sm.jpg

Why did I think Tony was playing a big yellow DW kit in that picture?

Anyway, I'm interested in buying into the Gretsch Renown series. We'll see if it happens.

Someone stole my second bass drum.. I don't have a double bass, sorry.

No worries, here is one for you...my friend.

Cheers,

Attachments

• drum.gif
    drum.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 1,155
Last edited:

thank you fellow drummers .i do appreciate the feed back.pics when i get my kit .loved the picture of Tony and his drums .my drums will be antique maple .in 8x10,8x12,9x13,14x14,16x16,toms 16x22 kick 6.5x14 20 lug snare.also i am having them put coated ambasador heads on tops and bottoms of all toms and base drum for a change .should be interesting to tune.any suggestions on tuning ?

Gretsch......hmmmmm. Name sounds familiar.

Attachments

• 139-3976_IMG.JPG
    139-3976_IMG.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 1,413
  • 139-3977_IMG.JPG
    139-3977_IMG.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 1,185
Back