Boston Red Sox win the Series.

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Some of you may know that the Sox,have won the World Series.As a life long Yankee fan that saw Mantle,Maris,Berra and Ford play at the Yankee Stadium,I rooted for Boston from the close of the regular season,through the world series.

To give you some perspective,Thats like a Manchester United fan,cheering for Liverpool in the FA cup final.

The reason I chose this was becaose of the Boston Marathon Bombings in April of this year.

The people of Boston needed their team to win the series in Boston,because the needed something positive and rare to happen,to re-energize the City.The Red Sox,haven't won a world series at home,since 1917.

Boston need to heal,and this will make some of the healing process happen a bit faster.Bravo Boston.These guy were a scruffy talented and driven team and deserved to win this for the people of Boston.

This should give all of us pause,to realize that we need to dig deep on occasion,to make our dreams happen.

Steve B

Boston clearly had the better team. Big Papi David Ortiz was about as locked in as I've ever seen him. And at age 37 (not that old but still...) he is the goodwill ambassador for the sport and clearly had an MVP season as well. Sure he only played under 10 games in the field but it was evident that the Red Sox won because of his awesome hitting and constant threat at the plate. Through 5 games he only made 5 outs. You can't get much better than that.

And from someone like myself who is old school and loves vintage drums, ya gotta love the non-electronic scoreboard at Fenway Park. The numbers are still changed by hand.

I watch the baseball playoffs intensely every year. While never a fan of the 'big dynasties' (I usually pull for the Tigers or other small teams of the 'rust belt') I too rooted for Boston this series. Great to see that after a challenging spring with the bombings,they had a great season and deserved to win.

Can't stand the birds, don't care much for the Sox do didn't give a hoot one way or the other. So congratulations Boston!

Thanks, it was pretty exciting here in Boston. By the way, it was 1918, not 1917. I know, you were probably thinking 1917 because Buddy Rich was born in 1917. Buddy Rich, Boston Red Sox, easy to confuse.

After the 2011 collapse and the 2012 disaster with Bobby Valentine and the overpaid whining players, Gonzalez, Crawford and Beckett. It's was great to see the Sox go from worst to first with a nice group of players. We suffered for many years as Sox fans in Boston but the last decade has been great. I only wish my late Father could have seen them win at least one series. Big parade tomorrow in Boston.

Attachments

• red-sox-logo.gif
    red-sox-logo.gif
    83.8 KB · Views: 453
After the 2011 collapse and the 2012 disaster with Bobby Valentine and the overpaid whining players, Gonzalez, Crawford and Beckett. It's was great to see the Sox go from worst to first with a nice group of players. We suffered for many years as Sox fans in Boston but the last decade has been great. I only wish my late Father could have seen them win at least one series. Big parade tomorrow in Boston.

Very cool, enjoy the parade! I was happy to see ex-Red and good guy Jonny Gomes get a chance to play and help. I liked his attitude and playing style when he was here with the Reds.

Thanks, it was pretty exciting here in Boston. By the way, it was 1918, not 1917. I know, you were probably thinking 1917 because Buddy Rich was born in 1917. Buddy Rich, Boston Red Sox, easy to confuse.

I'm posting something positive about the Sox,and you somehow think insulting me, ISN'T a poor attempt at humor,and is a good idea.That's rich.

Try a Travis Barker vid on the youtube , if you want to post negative high school cafateria wisdom.

Steve B.

Last edited:
Congrats to the champs, now let another city win some stuff for a while! Between the Patriots, Sox, Celtics, and Bruins you guys kinda hog all the glory.

But I realize that there was more to it than just bringing home the trophy after recent events. This was about more than just the sport.

Back