Behind the scenes at Guru Drums - video.

That was a great insight. I think each drum gets both your heart and your soul!

It adds a new dimension to the ownership of a Guru drum - to see that its actually made by 'the man' himself and the amount of care required.

And of course the 'background' music puts it all in context.

thx

jorn

I'm speechless. Andy is there no end to your generosity? All your videos are like a gift. I echo Porters assessment, ah-mazing. Thank you so much.

Is that George and Yolanda on the rhythm track? That was seriously badass. Lovely playing. Is that a new music track just for this video?

At times it's almost as if they watched the video while laying down the rhythm tracks.

Really cool, Andy. I was thinking on another thread, why would you need to counterbore a metal hoop, then after seeing this I realized that you meant wood hoops. I know you make wood hoops too, but it just didn't occur to me at the time. Duh... Have a good one.

That was a great insight. I think each drum gets both your heart and your soul!

It adds a new dimension to the ownership of a Guru drum - to see that its actually made by 'the man' himself and the amount of care required.

And of course the 'background' music puts it all in context.

thx

jorn
Heart & soul is right on! I know every piece of every drum we've ever made :) The kit you see me finishing there represents a cool 146 hours labour between myself & Dean. Quite silly actually :(

Amazing.

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it :)

I'm speechless. Andy is there no end to your generosity? All your videos are like a gift. I echo Porters assessment, ah-mazing. Thank you so much.

Is that George and Yolanda on the rhythm track? That was seriously badass. Lovely playing. Is that a new music track just for this video?

At times it's almost as if they watched the video while laying down the rhythm tracks.
Thanks Larry :) The audio is simply ripped off our latest videos. It starts with a section of the video Dave McKeauge did on the little Origin beech kit in high tuning, then the full length audio track from the Drums vs. Bass challenge video (Dave, George, & David) with Yolanda. Then moves to the video George did on the big ass walnut kit, then finishes up with the end section of Dave's bop Origin video.

It's called recycling - lol!

http://youtu.be/XojpGAmH4NI?t=45s

http://youtu.be/CePiOjxfcHo?t=24s

http://youtu.be/eQQwo_bv_N4?t=1m13s

Really cool, Andy. I was thinking on another thread, why would you need to counterbore a metal hoop, then after seeing this I realized that you meant wood hoops. I know you make wood hoops too, but it just didn't occur to me at the time. Duh... Have a good one.
Ah, the counterbore mystery is solved ;) Jim came up with a good pun on that though! :)

Makes me want to work for you. I love the attention to all the detail.

Makes me want to work for you. I love the attention to all the detail.
You wouldn't like the hours or the salary (read zero) :( I've lost count of how many years it needs to keep investing. Hopefully, one day, we'll get there. I'm hoping the new (much easier to build, & hence much cheaper) Tour series will take off. We're making & selling In-Tense & Origin, but it's slow, & there's absolutely no money in it. Issue is, we love what we do so much, we spend too much time on the drums ;)

Sheer poetry in motion. Thanks for that.​

...thank you for posting...

...surely a royal warrant would be warranted, should any member of the royals take up drumming as a hobby or, indeed, as a profession...

Sheer art and masterful craftsmanship Andy.Just world class drum building.The thing I love most about what you do,is you seem to constantly raise the bar.Bravo sir....cheers.

Steve B

Sheer poetry in motion. Thanks for that.​
Thanks Harry, but my wife wouldn't agree with you ;)

...thank you for posting...

...surely a royal warrant would be warranted, should any member of the royals take up drumming as a hobby or, indeed, as a profession...
Hahha, I can imagine that to be more of a PITA than it's worth. Hey, there's always Jeremy Clarkson (warning - painful) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySJ8CZmq2V8

Sheer art and masterful craftsmanship Andy.Just world class drum building.The thing I love most about what you do,is you seem to constantly raise the bar.Bravo sir....cheers.

Steve B
Thanks Steve :)

Gorgeous work, it's really cool too see your passion for what you do!

Great video, thanks for posting Andy!

Its just so drool worthy... and il be honest, i can only describe it as art.... and actually making me tempted (for the first time as normally i really dont like them) for a segmented/stave snare.... not that il ever afford one, even a wonky or flawed one.... in fact id prefer a flawed one, it reminds me of me. Alas one day. Keep up the good work, its just so pretty!

That was worth the 9 plus minutes it took to watch that. Can you say "handcrafted"? Great look into how much time and care goes into making a fine instrument. Listening to the audio clips while watching didn't hurt either!

Back