A Really Riveting Thread

• Thread starter mediocrefunkybeat
  • Start date
i see, that tempo was lower in sample 2 with the rivets.

Is this a given fact that rivets are slowing down everything or do we just enjoy more and longer every beat, because it sounds so nice?

Bernhard

i see, that tempo was lower in sample 2 with the rivets.

Is this a given fact that rivets are slowing down everything or do we just enjoy more and longer every beat, because it sounds so nice?

Bernhard

Nothing to read into it, just me being useless.

Actually there was a click on just before I did the second take, I turned it off to do the take and then played at that speed anyway!

IDDrummer - There are two schools of thoughts on rivet placement. I prefer 'clustered' because I want the sound to be fairly even and concentrated. In reality it probably doesn't make an awful lot of difference, I just prefer the way it looks. I put the rivets 90 degrees to where the ride tends to naturally rest. That lets me play closer to the rivets (if I choose) than if I had put them the full 180 degrees away from where I play. Just preference really, there's no real reason why I did it that way.

Duncan, help! Just got my Mac. How do I take the html out to make it play? When I click on the file, it opens a download box directly. Once the download is complete, I'm just left with an empty download box. As you know, there's no right click on a Mac mouse to give me options (actually, don't know how to replicate a right click function on a Mac mouse anyhow). I wanna hear your cymbal!!!!! Help please.

Calm, Andy!

Ctrl-click or a quick click on the filename. If you have any questions, PM me and I'll give you my Skype. If you don't have that, I'll give you my email!

Nah, still not happening.

PM me, I'll see what I can do...

Just clicking on the filename enables you to change it. I get that changing over from a PC to a Mac can take a bit of getting used to but you'll manage it fine.

is it a macbook? if you click with two fingers, that's basically the "right click." or, hold control and click--same thing.

edit: oh, i get the same problem actually... i think because it's a wav file. i don't think macs support that without downloaded something.

.Wav files should work on a Mac just fine. I've never had a problem with .Wav files on my Mac. Just rename the file and remove the .html bit at the end.

QuickTime will play .Wav files fine as will VLC.

Back