Bare Feet, Socks or Shoes?

Re: Barefoot, shoes or socks?

Theres already a major multi-page thread on the exact same topic.
But me, i play with socks.

(PS. Always search)

I think you should learn to play with all of the above. Mix it up a little so you're not locked into one particular thing. You're not going to be able to play barefoot or with socks everywhere you go. If anything, I would suggest shoes for this very reason. When you develop your playing to a professional level, it shouldn't matter what you have on your feet.

Senior members need to remember to search :)>

Anyways, I go barefoot. Its just so much easier.

i go with shoes or bare feet both have good grip... socks never work they always slide and stuff and its kinda uncomfortable haha

Re: what shoes??

NONE!! Unless I'm playing at a bar with crappy floors, then I'll wear my Chucks. I perfer playing barefoot, as I feel I have more control over the pedals. I did wear Simpson racing shoes for a while (many years ago) but they just got WAY too expensive!

Usually my Chucks ( Charcoal Gray High-Tops =) ) But I'll also use my Fallen's. Occasionaly a pair of sandals that are lightweight.

I haven't reached a certain "comfort" level when playing with no shoes. Maybe in the future... lol

I always play sock or barefooted but if I have to wear shoes I wear Wrestling shoes they have a really thin and flat sole, For shoes they give me the best control.

Keep swatting the skins

Bonzolead

Flat shoes, tennis shoes (running) or a flat casual shoe, like a Rockport or something.

Can't see playing in socks or bare feet.....I'd probably hurt myself!

Those Db's look sweet!!

I've seen Billy Cobham at a clinic with cowboy boots on!! What a freak! :)

I just play with whatever I have on when I feel like drumming. I can usually play about the same with all, its more about how stretched and prepared I am

I can't remember if I posted in this thread already - was a while ago if I did.

At home I mostly play in bare feet or socks - now that it's summer here I play mostly bare feet. I did buy myself specific "drumming" shoes, which are "lifestyle' shoes - like joggers/runners/sports shoes but with a pretty flat sole. They are THE most comfortable shoe, I wear them all the time - my husband used to be always hassling me about wearing my 'drumming' shoes when I wasn't drumming.

Drumming with boots with a heel doesn't work, I can tell you that. Accidentally wore my boots to a lesson and had to take them off. Not that most of you here have to worry about playing in heels anyway.

Back