2015 Guru Snare Competition Entry Details - ENDS SOON!

I had people at my house all day Saturday and Sunday. Unfortunately I couldn't get 'er done. But, I would have been catagory 2, and I think that one is tied up anyway.

Good Luck Y'all!

Bah, only had time to work on this today as been busy since I discovered it a few days ago. If I don't make it on time I'll still post it when I'm done. It's slowly taking shape but doubt I'll hit the deadline, and probably won't be anything to write home about anyway! About time I posted some playing though..

Can we submit a version where its been pieced together? Say if I make a mistake and merge it? Or does it have to be 1 take?

It worked :D!!!! While a drum student didn't appear I tried to export my video
into other formats. Quality may have suffered once more, but now you can
hear both the backing track and my drums, yay!

https://youtu.be/hhx12iG6PBE

Sadly the backing track has become a bit too low in volume (clearly lower than I
mixed it in logic), but I think it's the best I can do at the moment...

Sounds good !!! I enjoyed the approach you took...

Okay it beat me, ran out of time. There's far worse ways to spend 6 hours straight on a bank holiday Monday though!

Good luck to all who entered.

Okay it beat me, ran out of time. There's far worse ways to spend 6 hours straight on a bank holiday Monday though!

Good luck to all who entered.
I've sent you a PM & thrown you a bone :)

Nice work, Swiss! Sound balance would have made a huge difference.

Agreed. My high altitude friend, that's a superb submission! Concession = if you want to rework the backing track balance, & upload it again to YouTube by the weekend, send me the link (even better, post it here), I'll make sure your submission is judged on that.

Agreed. My high altitude friend, that's a superb submission! Concession = if you want to rework the backing track balance, & upload it again to YouTube by the weekend, send me the link (even better, post it here), I'll make sure your submission is judged on that.
Thanks a lot, Andy! Thanks for your offer, I'll absolutely try to make that work!

Here was my very rough very *cough* last minute attempt, mistakes included free of charge. And please be gentle, I had less than a day, and I think judging by the sluggishness my caffeine was running out :-(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoVrWg2uxEs

And the electric kit always sounds dry and lifeless compared to my acoustic.

Last edited:
Well played all.

Andy, I'm late to the party and can't find the drumless MP3. Could you direct me pleeease? Not that I'm planning to enter but would like to try playing along.

My high altitude friend, that's a superb submission! Concession = if you want to rework the backing track balance, & upload it again to YouTube by the weekend, send me the link (even better, post it here), I'll make sure your submission is judged on that.

Andy, you're a gentleman.

Here was my very rough very *cough* last minute attempt, mistakes included free of charge. And please be gentle, I had less than a day

Well FWIW I liked it a lot - it worked well, and of course I'm always a sucker for hi-hat buzzes :)

Alright Andy, the final version of my alpine drumming submission is completed and youtubed!
Here's the link:

http://youtu.be/YaZUfwdqXao

Thanks for your generosity and your all around commitment!!

By the way: If it's possible to change the link on the Guru webpage too, then people would be lead to the better video :)!

would like to try playing along.
Great idea, & I look forward to the result!

Alright Andy, the final version of my alpine drumming submission is completed and youtubed!
Here's the link:

http://youtu.be/YaZUfwdqXao

Thanks for your generosity and your all around commitment!!

By the way: If it's possible to change the link on the Guru webpage too, then people would be lead to the better video :)!
Thanks Matthias :) I've submitted this version for judging, but there's nothing I can do about the addition to the landing page, as it's shut off. Of course, If you're chosen as a finalist, it will be featured on the website & social media, both with Guru Drums & Evans.

Ok, a heads up on a potential delay in judging. Completely unforeseen, Yolanda is currently on tour (short notice). It's an uber tour coach kind of deal (no hotels), & reliable WIFI is in short supply. She has all of the first stage judging result videos to work through (12 in total). Only the finalist in category 1 is already decided.

Yolanda will try to evaluate all entries this week, but wants to do a thorough job on this, so the timing may slip. If we miss the Manchester draw deadline, we'll move to a judging decision (taken exclusively by Yolanda) for the first place & runner up prizes.

If we miss the Manchester draw deadline, we'll move to a judging decision (taken exclusively by Yolanda) for the first place & runner up prizes.

If you miss the Manchester draw deadline, you could still do a drawing. Just video tape it. We trust you.

If you miss the Manchester draw deadline, you could still do a drawing. Just video tape it. We trust you.

There's many that wouldn't trust me though Jim. TBH, I didn't have a plan B to take account of such circumstances. I need to ensure I'm as far removed from the process as possible, as there's always someone questioning something (as happened last year :(

Best of luck to all the entrants. I understand the lucky winner also gets kissed by Yolanda, anywhere they want.

I'm really curious to see who the fair Ms. Charles selects.

Back