Big T's New Sonor 3007!!

Big T

Hi Guys

I've already added this link to another thread where some of you helped with my choice of kit! But I thought I'd put it here too cos it's the right place to do so!

http://gallery.me.com/tfollano#100048

Just follow the link. For some reason I couldn't upload the photos!

I'm very proud of my new Sonor 3007. It's the first time I would have had a maple kit. So all new sound for me. Sizes are 20bd, 8, 10, 12, 14 toms and 14 snare.

I will update the photos with cymbals added, it'll look a whole lot better. These pix are just after I took it all out and stared lovingly at it for a about an hour! LOL.

Cheers

Big T

Beautiful set! Personally I'm not too fond of three rack toms up in the air, but whatever floats your boat ;) Is that the autumn fade finish? I like that...

That finish looks just great. How do you like the drums? Sound-wise and otherwise.

Hi

Unfortunately, I won't be playing them loud for a week or so, gutting! Neighbours are too close! But, I've played the 007 limited edition in a shop and it sounded amazing ...one of the main reasons for going for this model. This is also the first time I've spent properly fitting the kit around my body, size and needs. More important than most people realise I think. + The finish looks so much better than the photo - if you get a chance take a look at one in a drum store. It's a beauty!

Cheers

Beautiful kit!

What cymbals do you plan on using with these beauts?

Hi

I have the 3007’s in natural maple in the standard size with a 10, 12, 13, & 16 toms. I’ve been playing drums since 1964 and the 3007’s are great. You made a great choice in the Sonor’s. You will love them. The surprising thing about this kit for me was just how good the snare drum is. I changed the tom heads to Remo Emp’s, the snare to an Ambassador, and a Power Stroke 3 on the bass. The new heads made this kit come alive with tone and volume.

I've become such a fan of the 3-rack tom setup. I've seen that same kit in person before and, you're right, it's beautiful. I was so impressed I thought about buying it right there on the spot. What heads are you planning to use on it?

I agree with burnthehero. I have 3 toms up on my Dub. Very comfy.

Anyway, I love the look of your kit. Just incredible!!!!

Sonor is a GREAT product. Congrats on the beauty!!!!

Mike

Thanks guys.

burnthehero, to answer your question - I'm in a bit of a dilema. I've taken the evans ec2's off my old kit so I might put those on. I quite like the heads that come with the kit though. I haven't played them that loud but they sound pretty good. I've also thought about going to coated heads. Have any of you fellow Sonor players used Aquarian Heads on your kits ...if so what did you think?

I have used both evans coated (G1/G2) & Aquarian Studio X's. If you are going to play soft more often than LOUD, the G1 coated or Studio X's are the way to go. I use evans genera glass on the reso's.

Peace

Back