Manchester Drum Show - pictures & video

Andy

Honorary Member
Hi Guys, I'm back from the show, & after a very heavy build week, now royally screwed over :(

Never mind, great regional show. Here's some pictures of some of the other exhibits, as well as a bit of Guru stuff, including my trailer load out to the show.

Thought you might like this little video of our 3 latest kits being played too. First time these have been recorded/seen anywhere. Obviously, less than ideal sonic environment, but hey, if they sound good here, they can sound good anywhere.

cheers, Andy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0TMj4KxYn0

Attachments

• premier.jpg
    premier.jpg
    881.6 KB · Views: 517
  • premier2.jpg
    premier2.jpg
    744 KB · Views: 467
  • premier3.jpg
    premier3.jpg
    784.9 KB · Views: 902
  • forecast1.jpg
    forecast1.jpg
    789.1 KB · Views: 472
  • forecast2.jpg
    forecast2.jpg
    768.3 KB · Views: 464
  • forecast3.jpg
    forecast3.jpg
    694.1 KB · Views: 462
  • jalepeno.jpg
    jalepeno.jpg
    688.6 KB · Views: 455
  • jalepeno2.jpg
    jalepeno2.jpg
    657.9 KB · Views: 453
  • jalapeno2.jpg
    jalapeno2.jpg
    723.8 KB · Views: 453
  • jalapeno3.jpg
    jalapeno3.jpg
    701.1 KB · Views: 448
  • echo1.jpg
    echo1.jpg
    787 KB · Views: 451
  • echo2.jpg
    echo2.jpg
    618.6 KB · Views: 449
  • echo3.jpg
    echo3.jpg
    696.4 KB · Views: 522
  • gretsch.jpg
    gretsch.jpg
    724.3 KB · Views: 448
  • liberty kit.jpg
    liberty kit.jpg
    662.2 KB · Views: 446
  • libertysnares.jpg
    libertysnares.jpg
    742 KB · Views: 449
  • Sakae1.jpg
    Sakae1.jpg
    711.1 KB · Views: 441
  • sakae2.jpg
    sakae2.jpg
    611 KB · Views: 445
  • loadup.jpg
    loadup.jpg
    933.9 KB · Views: 434
  • stand front.jpg
    stand front.jpg
    880.6 KB · Views: 435
  • stand side.jpg
    stand side.jpg
    920.2 KB · Views: 438
  • duncan.jpg
    duncan.jpg
    874 KB · Views: 436
  • dean.jpg
    dean.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 428
  • 6 piece.jpg
    6 piece.jpg
    884.9 KB · Views: 434
  • origin.jpg
    origin.jpg
    930 KB · Views: 430
  • walnut.jpg
    walnut.jpg
    838.1 KB · Views: 428
Thanks for the pics.
Your stuff looks great and the display is very nice. I love the Union Jack chair!

Your stand was gorgeous - very striking and impeccably tasteful! We had a great time and it was so good to see you, Dean and Duncan again - I swear he's grown since last October!

Those drums sound spectacular! That's my original and best Very Nice Young Man, Liam Edwards, playing them so beautifully. Wait till his mum sees! She's delighted he bought that snare, by the way, and it's going on tour with him later in the year :)

Those drums look & sound great.

Oh, & I love the hardware on the Echo kits. Completely bonkers!

All the the kits sound great but I must say the floor tom on the 2nd kit is about the best I've heard :)

All the the kits sound great but I must say the floor tom on the 2nd kit is about the best I've heard :)
Thank you :) That 18" x 14" floor tom is quite something. I refer to it as a "floorgasm" :)

Those drums look & sound great.

Oh, & I love the hardware on the Echo kits. Completely bonkers!
Cheers, & yes, the Echo racks were certainly difficult to miss :)

Your stand was gorgeous - very striking and impeccably tasteful! We had a great time and it was so good to see you, Dean and Duncan again - I swear he's grown since last October!

Those drums sound spectacular! That's my original and best Very Nice Young Man, Liam Edwards, playing them so beautifully. Wait till his mum sees! She's delighted he bought that snare, by the way, and it's going on tour with him later in the year :)
Cheers Madge, & I'm pleased you had a great time. Liam seemed to enjoy himself too. He's a great player, & a really nice guy too. It's a pleasure to know him.

The GURU booth looks chic Andy!

We're proud of you guys.
Thanks Les, that means a lot :)

I look sodding miserable in the picture.

I can assure everybody that I was ecstatic to be playing that kit! I was just very, very tired...

Thank you to Andy for being so hospitable and letting me hang out with Dean and himself and to Her Madgesty for her fantastic hospitality. Also, to Mini-Madge for being partly responsible for the production of a bloody fantastic strawberry caek.

I can assure everybody that I was ecstatic to be playing that kit! I was just very, very tired...
I must admit I laffed when I saw that photo! "Oh god, I have to play a bloody Guru kit again!"

Also, to Mini-Madge for being partly responsible for the production of a bloody fantastic strawberry caek.

You're most welcome, and I'll pass that on :)

What sizes is the segmented drum kit? By far my favorite!

Is it still the 10" toms all across?
Thanks :) No, the version on the show stand (& in the video is 10 x 6, 10 x 9, 12 x 12, 16 x 15, 20 x 18. Not sizes I would recommend anyone employ for a standard construction. These drums are most specifically designed with their depth in mind.

Essentially, the bass drum is down from 22" to 20", & the 3rd tom is increased from 10" to 12". The 3 x 10" tom kit was more of a show of what we can achieve through shell augmentation. This one is the production version, but still not within our standard range sixes. It is available as a no cost option custom order.

Yes, you do, especially next to Dean's extra smiley face :) This is why I selected this picture - it makes me smile ;)

Looking at the pics, I could hear the noise!

Thanks for that post, KIS

Nice to see that Dr Seuss is now making drum kits

attachment.php

Looks like quite a bit of Amedia representation. I was going to buy a cymbal of theirs at PASIC, but they turned out to be prohibitively expensive (in the States, at least). Especially with practically no used market, and their massive catalog.

Your stand looks phenomenal, as usual. Though I think you may have met your shell resonance match with the first of those Jalapeno bass drums ;)

Looks like quite a bit of Amedia representation. I was going to buy a cymbal of theirs

I tried to, but the salesman completely ignored me and only spoke to my male companion, even when he tried to tell him that I was the prospective client, so I didn't bother. Cymbalise were far more polite and a pleasure to do business with.

Last edited:
Looks like quite a bit of Amedia representation. I was going to buy a cymbal of theirs at PASIC, but they turned out to be prohibitively expensive (in the States, at least). Especially with practically no used market, and their massive catalog.

Your stand looks phenomenal, as usual. Though I think you may have met your shell resonance match with the first of those Jalapeno bass drums ;)
Thanks for the props on our stand. A lot of work, but I think the effort shows. Anyhow, the drums deserve it :)

Amedia pricing is very different in the UK. They're incredibly economical for the quality offered.

As for the the Jalapeno bass drum = no chance on shell resonance. It is however a well designed & well made travelling kit.

I tried to, but the salesman completely ignored me and only spoke to my male companion, even when he tried to tell him that I was the prospective client, so I didn't bother. Cymbalise were far more polite and a pleasure to do business with.
Whoever that was needs their arse kicking, & I'll mention that to Alex. I pretty much guarantee that wasn't Alex you spoke to (owner). He was busy organising the show, & isn't commercially stupid enough to behave in such away.

Agreed - Cymbalise crew are great. It was a pleasure to meet them at last :)

You can find them for a decent price at Cymbalism Music (based in Hawaii). I was thinking of getting a little 16" Classic Crash myself, medium-thin of course. maybe dark.

http://stores.cymbalismmusic.com/amedia-cymbals/

I was going to say you look very tired in that pic, but then I saw your post.

Back