My DTXtreme IIs

jondrumming

Hey everyone, I never got around to actually showing you guys my kit. Well, here it is for those who wanted to see it ;)

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

What do you think?

thats a cool electric set. they have a simmons similar to that at gc and i like it better than most rolands. i have the same pdp pedal. i love it and its insanely cheap for how good it is. what do you think?

The Simmons kits are pretty good! I wouldnt agree that they're better than Roland, but they definitely stack up well next to them!

As for the PDP pedal, it's a great beginner pedal, especially for young drummers who want to learn double bass without shelling out $300+ for a Cobra, Eliminator, or something higher up. However, this thing is really holding me back; I was at the music store near me, Just Drums, and they're got EVERY pedal I've ever heard of (Axis, Trick, Tama, Pearl, Sonor, DW, etc.). Anyway, they had a bunch of double pedals set up on Pearl bass drum practice pads, with a throne for each one. I tried a few of the pedals, and found myself going 2-3 times FASTER than on my PDP at home. In the future I plan on upgrading to a Trick Dominator, but in the meantime the PDP will definitely suffice for practice.

wow thats an impressive increase. (thats what she said haha). but seriously i hear of these pedals that are super fast but i have never tried some of the big ones. sounds like a nice upgrade eh?

wow thats an impressive increase. (thats what she said haha). but seriously i hear of these pedals that are super fast but i have never tried some of the big ones. sounds like a nice upgrade eh?

Aha definitely man! Trick's are some, if not, the absolute best! I've been thinking, though, I might want to reach the middle ground before I go all out, so what I'll probably do is get some Iron Cobras now, and then in a few years if I have enough cash I might get some Tricks. By then, probably not the Dominators, but go all out and go for the Pro-1V Big Foots ;) Now THAT would be awesome!

However, if I do get the Cobras, I'll probably buy a Demon Drive or Trick drive shaft to upgrade the Cobras, since I hate the lag on the average double pedal!

sounds sweet. i have no money so it hurts on the inside looking @ all this sweet stuff. im the regular drummer: want new cymbals (found an a custom 16" on craigslist for $50! still no money :( )new heads, new pedal, new snare... the list goes on.... but for electrics like yours your set for everthing but pedals right?

sounds sweet. i have no money so it hurts on the inside looking @ all this sweet stuff. im the regular drummer: want new cymbals (found an a custom 16" on craigslist for $50! still no money :( )new heads, new pedal, new snare... the list goes on.... but for electrics like yours your set for everthing but pedals right?

Pretty much! For me, electric was the way to go; plus, the DTXtreme was used! Got it for about half it's selling price, and it even came with an amp and speakers! Don't give up hope, just keep saving your money, eventually something used (but great quality) will come up and you'll enough for it! Worked for me ;) For about a year I didn't spend any money unless I ABSOLUTELY had to (i.e. less going to movies with friends, less dates, less everything :p) but look what it got me!

same. thats the plan for me. plus when i go to college i can hopefully bring an electric if i have one because it is quiet but still as close as it gets to a set

Oh definitely, on those Yamahas my parents and siblings never complain about the noise, all it is is quiet little *thuds*. The only loud noise is the bass drum if you're not using softish felt beaters, if you're using hard ones the floor will shake a LOT if you're upstairs :p

Thanks, Joey! Personally, I like the kick on the DTXtreme II more than the bigger one on the DTXtreme III, the bigger one feels like cardboard, while the smaller one actually has a little bit of bounce to it, you know?

Back