My Yamaha Maple Custom absolute

Gorgeous kit... I really love the Yamahas and specially the MCANs..
Those are some really classy drums you got there..
That's a really unique configuration by the way (10,14,16 & 18bd) what style do you play with'em?

The "Vintage Natural" finish is always a winner. I have that same finish in a Birch Custom Absolute. I found that the sound really opened up over time. also the finish got darker brown vs. the salmon pink look it had when I got it.

I think these drums resonate a little more than the ones with the wraps and the high gloss finish in the same line. Also the inside of the shell has a really nice lacquer that they use on their best clarinets.

I'm sure you love these drums as I do mine. They record great.

Have fun!

Terry

Very nice. I see even the drums in Sweden are blonde. Great all around set.

Hot damn thats a nice kit i love the finish (and the Swedish sorry couldnt let that go) as well the sizes a one up to down kits are so comfortable ill bet you enjoy every minute of that kit.

You got me really jealous here.. heheheh
The MCAN is one of my dream kits and I also play Jazz and Latin.. So these sizes would really fit for me too..

nice kit I have the same kit different color, how do you like your bass drum lift, I really don't like mine I'm thinking of removing mine what do you think

Looks cool! I had the same kit and finish with a 22" BD. I really miss it.

nice kit I have the same kit different color, how do you like your bass drum lift, I really don't like mine I'm thinking of removing mine what do you think

Thanks!
Why don't you feel comfortable with it? I think is a bad idea to remove your bass drum lifter. Without the lifter, you don't use the drums full potential. You use it to make the beater punch the drum right in the middle. When you strike a snare drum, you get a whole other sound from the side compared with the middle. It's the same with the bassdrum.

'Absolute' ly gorgeous drums and finish. I really wish that I would have custom ordered my MCA drums in Vintage Natural instead of buying existing stock. I truely wonder why more dealers don't carry this colour in stock because it's a true winner. Congrats!

Hejja Sverige! (go sweden) :)

Damn nice setup, Absolutely love it! I bet that fly great playing latin styles.

I'we myself been playing a Mapex Saturn thats been skuff'd around and beaten down to almost unrecognizable :) And now are in the looks for a... call it "step up" or at least to get me another kit. And the front runner would be Yammies MCAN.
sizes 10x8,12x9,14x14 or 12,16x14 or 16, 22x20

If its not to much could you PM me and let me know where you got yours and how much it did set you back?

/Dalarna :)

thats a beautiful set of drums! the Yammies are always so nice, especially the blondes!

Back