My Grestch Drums-Posted in the correct spot

mainedrummer77

Here is what i'm working with currently...

The images are not that great as they were taken with my blackberry, but itleast you will be able to get an idea of my setup.

Here it is....

Grestch 4 piece with Pearl Piccolo
I play 1 up and 2 down
Toms=10,12,14-all tuned low and warm!!
Bass=18"-muffelled for a full thud sound
Snare is a Pearl piccolo 13*3" tuned very tight for a great snap sound
I use DW 5000 Hardware(which I am not nearly as happy as I thought I was going to be with)

The cymbals are as followes from right to left...
14" Istanbul hats
16" Zildjian A cust. Fast crash
8" Sabian AA splash
19" Istanbul crash ride(top)
21" Zildjian Sweet Ride(below)
14" A cust. Fast crash
20" Bosphorus thin ride-that I use as a great dark crash or a warm jazz ride

Any thoughts on what China may compliment this cymabal line up? I was thinking a K 19" Dark China?

I typically play a funk(more jazz based than rock based) style of music and this setup lends itself quite well to lots of cymbal work with quick hits on the drums.

Take a look at the pictures(although I know they have alot to be desired...i'm working on getting clearer brighter pics) and let me know what you think!!

Attachments

• IMG00008.jpg
    IMG00008.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 7,063
  • IMG00007.jpg
    IMG00007.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG00006.jpg
    IMG00006.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG00005.jpg
    IMG00005.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 416
Thats a sweet looking set, I also have a set of Gretsch as many do here. Very nice. As for a china, there are many that would sound nice, and a K china would certainly be one of them. I notice your username, what part of maine are you in? I'm near Bangor. and did you get the kit at "The drum shop" in Portland?

Kudo's, Pete

Thanks!
I am actually living in chicago, I am originally from Maine but have been here for 5 years and love the midwest.
I purchased the drums from the drum shop when it was still on congress st, I think and the many of the cymbals I purchased from Marks Music in bangor.

I am actually saving to have a DW made for me(I will pick these up through the drum pad here in chicago)...that is my next big gift to my self.

Thanks!
I am actually living in chicago, I am originally from Maine but have been here for 5 years and love the midwest.
I purchased the drums from the drum shop when it was still on congress st, I think and the many of the cymbals I purchased from Marks Music in bangor.

I am actually saving to have a DW made for me(I will pick these up through the drum pad here in chicago)...that is my next big gift to my self.

Sweet, is an awesome set. I was in Mark's a few weeks ago, hasn't changed any..lol.
I am having a Brady snare built right now, My big gift to me lol, actually may already be finished. :)

Make sure you post the dw's when the time comes.

Back