My new "to me" Ludwig John Bonham Green Sparkle Kit

fuzzybeats

Just picked these shells up from a guy. I have been looking for a while for a Green Sparkle kit and buying vintage hardware for when I did. I finally have a complete Bonham kit! Here is a album of my new set.

http://imgur.com/a/ugNBq. Hope you like them as much as I do!!

Wow! Thanks for the kind words it took me 20 years to finaly get my dream kit. Well worth the wait!!

Bass drum 26" x 14"
Rack tom. 14" x 10"
Floor tom. 16" x 16"
Floor tom. 18" x 16"
Snare drum 14" x 6.5 LM402
Ludwig vintage swivel foot Atlas stands
Ludwig vintage Atlas snare stand
Rogers drums Memriloc hi hat stand
Pork Pie Green Sparkle throne.
2002 series Paiste Cymbals- 15" hi hats- 18" medium crash- 20" medium crash- 24" ride- Paiste/Ludwig cowbell

you really got the real deal too, rail consolette, bass mounted ride, ching ring, everything.
when I wrapped my kit in silver ( because of Bonham) I really wanted green but was shot down by everyone I mentioned it too.

Once people see the green out right, they change their tune lol. They are a ton of fun to play!

Sweet drums. I have a Luddie 3 ply kit, in 26, 13, 16, 18 sizes. Thermogloss.​

Ooooooooo I love the thermogloss kit!!!! Any pics?

Unfortunately, not with the Luddie 26x14. But here's the kit with a Gretsch 26x14.​

Attachments

• r1 3 ply luddie-gretsch kick.jpg
    r1 3 ply luddie-gretsch kick.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,153
  • r2 3 ply luddie-gretsch kick.jpg
    r2 3 ply luddie-gretsch kick.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,114
I had a Ludwig Accent Zep kit and had to use the tom on the snare stand I never cared for the placement of the rack. I am so much happier with the rail mount, plus it just screams vintage Ludwig!

The green sparkle kit is by far my favorite Bonham kit, with the thermogloss coming in second. Congrats on that extraordinary kit fuzzy!

Cheers! Yep my second favorite is the natural kit as well.

Awesome kit man! loving the green stool and green dice toppers.

Thank you!! I wanted to have a little personal touch to Bonzos beauties, I made the dice toppers myself and the throne had to be mine when I saw it!!

Absolutely beautiful! What a great kit you have. I love that you even have the '70's Atlas cymbal stands. Great look - congratulations!

Back