Gretsch Renown Maple in Autumn Burst

eBay.??? No. Tell me it isn't so!!!!

It's on there right now for 4k...the whole kit according to the listing. At least it is the same picture from in front of the garage. Too bad, that is a special kit.

It's on there right now for 4k...the whole kit according to the listing. At least it is the same picture from in front of the garage. Too bad, that is a special kit.

Maybe someone stole the photo as mentioned in a previous thread.

And Dalton is in North Carolina and the eBay photo thief is in Ohio.

Last edited:
That could be, it is the exact picture.....what a sweet kit.

I sent the seller an email and asked where he got the photos. Obviously he "borrowed" them.

I received an email back from the seller saying it was his first eBay sale and he was sorry for
"borrowing" the photos and would take it down. We shall see. He also said the price was right
since he was selling drums, cymbals, stands, etc.

Last edited:
Wow. How could you borrow a picture of something you expect to get 4,000 as a starting bid for? Imgaine the poor buyer when that exact kit does not arrive at his door. It may be the same make kit but I would want every stand, clamp and cymbal to match. At least this kid isn't selling his kit!!!

I just looked and he did pull the photos. A man of his word. Funny how the mention of words like Copyright, and law suit get peoples attention.

Whoa whoa whoa.

I'm sorry guys. I haven't been on the forums in a while.

I may still be young, but I have enough expirience to know that that kit is not worth selling. I was playing with my school band at our graduation, and I checked the forums while not busy, and my heart skipped a beat. I thought someone had stolen my kit and put it on eBay, but I realized that was impossible because I played it today (I play it everyday). Anyway, it's safe to say that I won't be selling the Renowns unless something really weird happens.

Sorry I haven't been on in a while, but I'll keep in touch in case any more breaking news happens. :D

Back