Very happy to finally share some pics of my Meridians with you. :)

diegobxr

Silver Member
Hi everybody! :)

Well, recently I bought a new little camera (nothing fancy) and today I started experimenting with it so I finally can share some pics of my kit with you. :)

My kit's colour is Cherry Mist, a deep red fade lacquer, which seems to be very difficult for this camera to portrait without looking pink, so after several unsuccesfull attempts, I just switched to B&W and took these "artsy" (wannabe) photos. :D

Anyway, here's my Mapex Meridian Birch. I hope you enjoy the pics. Cheers. :)

KIT SPECS

Drums
MAPEX Meridian Birch.
24”x18”, 13”x9”, 16”x16”.
Cherry Mist lacquered finish.

Snares
1) MAPEX Meridian Birch - 14”x6,5”
2) MAPEX MPX Steel - 14”x5,5” - w/Puresound Blaster wires and die-cast hoops.

Cymbals
14” Zildjian A Mastersound Hi-hats
18” Zildjian A Medium Thin Crash
20” Zildjian K Ride
10" Wuhan Splash

71643457.jpg

63327693.jpg

90499938.jpg

81622668.jpg

90695318.jpg

Ooooh, very nice sir. My kit is the same sizes except you have a 13" rack and I have a 12" which I'm finding a little too dinky. Looove the 24" kicker, 22" is just too sad for my liking.

I'm really not digging the artsy-fartsy BW pics though. C'mon boy, lets see that pretty finish!

How are you liking that Wuhan splash?

Yes, nice indeed. I too would like to see a little chroma in your shots to really see the finish... at least one.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis and Menace! :)

Like I said, I'm having a hard time trying to get this finish on camera without looking pink (I guess I have to read the manual, lol). However here's one that's not so bad:

13912427.jpg

And if you really wanna see the finish this one is pretty accurate (it was taken with a professional camera and by a photography student):

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ooooh, very nice sir. My kit is the same sizes except you have a 13" rack and I have a 12" which I'm finding a little too dinky. Looove the 24" kicker, 22" is just too sad for my liking.

I'm really not digging the artsy-fartsy BW pics though. C'mon boy, lets see that pretty finish!

How are you liking that Wuhan splash?

I absolutely love this little splash! I'm so amazed with it I even made a thread about it: http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75829

And about the toms, I used to have a 22",12",16", and I can tell you there's a noticeable difference with the 24" of course, and the 13" has grown on me to the point I'm also finding 12" toms as too little. :)

If anyone can't see the pics please tell me and I'll attach them.

Cheers.

Ooooh, I love that finish. I see 2 floor toms in the other picture, what sizes are they?

Thanks for starting the Wuhan splash thread, they're actually the same price here in the EEUU. I was thinking of getting two 12"s and using them as hihats for coffee shop gigs.

As we say in my country, Chingon!

Ooooh, I love that finish. I see 2 floor toms in the other picture, what sizes are they?

Thanks for starting the Wuhan splash thread, they're actually the same price here in the EEUU. I was thinking of getting two 12"s and using them as hihats for coffee shop gigs.

As we say in my country, Chingon!

Thanks again man! The floor toms are 16"x16" and 18"x16". I'm used to the 4-piece so I took the other 'cause I almost never used it and it takes A LOT of space.

However.. next month I'm getting a 10" matching tom to make myself a gig-kit!!! 18" bass drum, 10" rack tom, 13" floor tom. I'm pretty excited about it. :)

The splash/hihat idea is great, I've heard it before. Be sure to post something if you get them. ;)

Only six lugs on the floortom, Whats up with that, Ten on the kick, Nice

Thanks Inky, yeah, I don't like how the 6 lugged floor toms look either. I mean, it looks cheap.. and it's just a couple of lugs, man.. I would've payed the difference, you damn Mapex accountants! :mad:

The floor tom sounds great actually. It's even a lot easier to tune than the 13".. but yeah, it looks odd.

Very nice, congrats!

Thanks man, I appreciate your comments. :)

Cheers!

Back