Weird Drummer Dude

martianmambo

There used to be a bunch of drumming videos on Youtube of some dude who would ramble about the most random stuff and then "demonstrate" how to play some lick or beat, but each lick and beat sounded the exact same. I think the guy was on drugs or something. The videos were hilariously bad. Does anyone know where I can find that guy's videos?

Anyone who plays and sounds like that and dares to call himself an instructor is seriously deluded...

I kinda feel bad for him. He's just so out of touch.

He has been doing the same schtick for years and people pay him for it. He even endorses Ludwig

Im thinking the guy Jeff Indyke from NY that called himself the drumming professor. Every fill sounded the same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXZaBM4NYNk

Christ I'd forgotten about him. Thanks for bringing back the Indyke post-traumatic-stress disorder.

Remember when Indyke was offering to phone up our young compatriot Karl (who was about 10 times the player Indyke was)? That was borderline creepy.

True..Jeff is terrible in those vids.But in his defence,I saw a vid of his band years ago,and they were pretty good,and Jeff ,could really play,in sharp cantrast to his "everything sounds the same" instructional vids.Worst sounding drums and cymbals I've ever heard.

Steve B

Jeff Indyke is a national treasure and his accent is like music to my ears (just like his toms). I mean no one else can demonstrate/talk through Bonham grooves like he can...Zum ba bumm baaaa, zum dum ta taaaah"

True..Jeff is terrible in those vids.But in his defence,I saw a vid of his band years ago,and they were pretty good,and Jeff ,could really play,in sharp cantrast to his "everything sounds the same" instructional vids.Worst sounding drums and cymbals I've ever heard.

Steve B

Yeah, after watching them again, I realized if you take away all of his rambling nonsense, he does actually have groove and obviously can play, but his "instructional" videos are still hilariously non sequitur.

Back