Getting Older?

Getting O

It sucks you won't be there Denny. We'll be thinking of ya. It just means we need another get together a little later on. We will be getting you plenty of goodies. Take care.

I find a good strength training routine works wonders for fighting off aging. Not that I am old (only 32), however the benefits of strength training are as follows:

Increased Testosterone
Increased bone density
Stronger Joints
Increased Mobility
Less body fat (generally)
Satisfaction of being able to lift heavy things

A strong body improves all aspects of life. Even my drumming is better. I work, have kids, and hobbies, and manage to find 2-3 hours a week to lift weights. My main movements are the squat, bench, deadlift, and shoulder press.

Let me tell you, it is awesome to be able to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnHoAQDBeys

If this at all peaks an interest, I suggest buying Starting Strength 3rd. Ed. by Mark Rippetoe. That book will show you all you need for the most part.

My wife is an orthopedic nightmare with lots of pain and she swears by drinking Moringa oleifera leaves every morn. I looked it up and apparently it's highly nutritional and used to address malnutrition, water soluble extracts killed cancer cells, apparently stimulates neuronal growth and neurite outgrowth after injury, etc. It was liking drinking grass so i never took to it. Medicine really hasn't been historically "curative" more so mitigate an illness, however with molecular medicine that is really changing things fast to be fair. But if you think about it still a lot of meds on the market come from botanical or geological sources so seems fair to self medicate-like pot has been recognized for thousands of years for medicinal purposes and only now is gaining grounds in the US. I turn 60 in April and I don't take any medication except maybe an occasional antacid or perhaps some antihistamine for allergies seasonally. Boron, Cobalt, Chromium, Copper, Flouride, Iodine, Iron, Manganese, Magnesium, etc all trace elements essential to human health. Too much of any of them can kill you too, but not enough can too. Eat right, exercise, don't smoke, moderate alcohol, and statistically you'll live longer.

How does your wife drink the moringa? I've been looking into easier ways to take it. It's not pleasant tasting but I love how it makes me feel.

Back