My new Rogers Londoner VI

Tropellor

Hey There,

Just acquired a 1976 Rogers Londoner VI. It's in absolutely stunning condition, thought i'd show ya'll. I'm the fourth owner, and it sounds amazing! I got 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 and a 22 kick, with a Dynasonic snare. Notice the original kick pedal too.

Comments welcomed!

rogers1.jpg

rogers3.jpg

overhead.jpg

12inchclose.jpg

13and15.jpg

Very nice kit. I noticed the "older style" knobby floor tom leg mounts on the 16, rather than the memriloc units. I did that same swap on my Rogers kit as well. I think the knobby works and looks better.

WOW, just looking at these kits has sent me to heaven! I am waiting till I get really good then I will get one, my practice one is good for now. O and lucky you :)

natalia x

cool!!! i had black Londoner Five back in the day "loved that kit" that drum was in just about every state in the midwest to the east coast.
only problem i would brake the strap on the kick pedal all the time.

Beauty, I love those old Rogers. I like those tom mounts. When I ordered my Gretsch kit back in the mid 70s, I ordered those Rogers mounts instead of the Gretsch tom hardware of the day.

Very nice kit,
My dad has always played Rogers so it was the first drums I played he also had a Butcher Block Rogers kit also except his was about a 72 I believe it had the script Rogers logo instead of the big R and the swivel-matic hardware instead of the memory-locks.

Great sounding drums pops sizes were 12,13,18 with a 24" bass drum .

The Rogers of back when were great drums a lot better than today's Rogers.

Congrats,
Bonzolead

cool!!! i had black Londoner Five back in the day "loved that kit" that drum was in just about every state in the midwest to the east coast.
only problem i would brake the strap on the kick pedal all the time.

Yeah, I don't think i'll be using the pedal, I just put it in the photo for aesthetic purposes! I'm picking up a coated powerstroke 3 to put on the kick today, and a set of coated ambassadors for the toms, it's going to sound amazing me thinks! I'm so impressed with the quality of the kit as well as the condition for 33 years old.

Wow. Makes me miss my old Rogers kit all the more - there was nothing like those- man I loved 'em.
Congrats on your find.

P.S. Yeah, I remember those old leather straps on the bass pedal. when they'd stretch out too much I'd use an ice pick to punch a new hole and adjust the pedal.

Those are cool drums, here's one I use to own in a koa finish....
picture122editedrp6.jpg

picture116editedcy8.jpg

I loved mine also...circa 1976...They sounded great...my 2nd or 3rd kit I believe...

Thanks for sharing!!!

Attachments

• Phil circa 1976 001.jpg
    Phil circa 1976 001.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 2,076
Back