Pearl Vision 7-Piece New Setup

JDavis64

I posted a picture of my Pearl Vision a long time ago, but it has since then underwent some changes.

Pearl Vision VX927 7-Piece

Drums:
14" Sensitone Snare
10" rack tom
12" rack tom
13" rack tom
14" floor tom
16" floor tom

Cymbals:
10" Zildjian A Custom Splash
13" Zildjian A Custom Mastersound Hi-Hats
15" Zildjian A Custom Fast Crash
16" Zildjian A Custom Projection Crash
16" Wuhan China
18" Zildjian A Custom Crash
21" Sabian AA Dry Ride

Heads:
Aquarian Hi-Velocity Snare Head
Pearl Protone Tom Heads

Accessories:
Rythm Tech Studio Cowbell
LP Tambourine
Pearl 900 Series hardware
Pulse Double Chain Double Bass Pedal
Sound Percussion Boom Cymbal Stands
Vater Stick Holder
Vater Drink Holder
Vater Grip Tape
Pork Pie Bicycle Throne
Aquarian Studio Rings

Sticks:
Vic Firth American Classic X5A's
Vic Firth 7A's

Attachments

• 182427_1897928687853_1230702006_32338528_6994083_n.jpg
    182427_1897928687853_1230702006_32338528_6994083_n.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 628
that hole in the ride is totally cool, with the boomstand going through. It's not practical I think, cause the cymbal probably turns while it's played.

that hole in the ride is totally cool, with the boomstand going through.
and if it's not cool, at least it's "different". I've seen a lot of things, in 43 years of playing .... but I've never seen that done, before. Unique....
It's not practical I think, cause the cymbal probably turns while it's played.
Well, the cymbal ain't gonna turn much, that's for sure. Not with a cymbal stand going thru it.​

and if it's not cool, at least it's "different". I've seen a lot of things, in 43 years of playing .... but I've never seen that done, before. Unique....
Well, the cymbal ain't gonna turn much, that's for sure. Not with a cymbal stand going thru it.​

Yeah, it would be real easy to say "what did you do to that ride?, you destroyed it!", but it gets waaaay to many style points for total originality. :)

Its gonna turn a little though, right into the stand, and doesnt it rattle and vibrate against the stand?.

What's up with hole in the ride?

I bought that cymbal of eBay for $110, and it's like a $280 cymbal. It used to have a crack in it, but someone repaired it and put it on eBay.

Yeah, it would be real easy to say "what did you do to that ride?, you destroyed it!", but it gets waaaay to many style points for total originality. :)

Its gonna turn a little though, right into the stand, and doesnt it rattle and vibrate against the stand?.

It does rattle a little bit, but it's hardly noticeable, and I'm going to tape a little piece of foam to the stand. Also, I think I'm going to put my tambourine and cowbell on that boom stand going through the hole.

Really though, to place that crash in the SAME position above the ride, you'd just need to move the boom stand to the right side of the cymbal.

Last edited:
I bought that cymbal of eBay for $110, and it's like a $280 cymbal. It used to have a crack in it, but someone repaired it and put it on eBay.
It does rattle a little bit, but it's hardly noticeable, and I'm going to tape a little piece of foam to the stand. Also, I think I'm going to put my tambourine and cowbell on that boom stand going through the hole.

Just as I thought.
Looks awesome. Truely unique, one of a kind! :)

Really though, to place that crash in the SAME position above the ride, you'd just need to move the boom stand to the right side of the cymbal.

True, but I didn't want the crash cymbal right above the ride cymbal, I wanted to put my tambourine/cowbell on that boom stand, so I have the crash cymbal off to the right.

Back