Sonor Force 3007

wow, they look very good, even better with those new lugs!

I`m personally curious about them, especially about the Red Sparkle 3007 with the 18" bass drum, looks very very sweet!
but...well, what has changed exept the lugs?

Karl

There's not much improving that Sonor really could do other than the lug change. Maybe change the maple to a different origin, but you can't expect that. Hopefully they're as delicious as the 05 Series. Yum.

they look good! can we get a comparison to the 3005/3007 and 2005/2007? and how does the 2007 go against the 3005?

On their website it says basically anything that starts with a 2 is birch and a 3 is maple

The force 3007's should sound around the same as the 3005 models.

However, alongside with new Finishes ( which are pretty cool ), the basedrum lugs have added rubber or so, not to damage the wood hoops.

The Sonor Logo tags have been changed, they are now metal plates, opposed to the old plastic bagdes they had, a more fancy change if you will.

There are now 6 ( inner if im not mistaken ) Canadian plies of maple, and 3 japanese maple, instead of the previous force 3005 series which had only japanese maple. This to me could make a good change, the quality of the wood can affect greatly how a drum sounds, It's either that, or better for the marketing, however I have yet to hear the new 3007 series, so I can't say just yet, I should be placing an order for them pretty soon, i'm pretty eager to see if there is a good difference.

Appart from that, the hardware has been changed a little in the stands as to make the pressure more balanced out. That's pretty much it.

Good news for the 2007 series though, the drums now feature lacquered finishes, that and a few other good changes I don't quite remember off hand, but the prices for the 2007 series have gone up a little.

Last edited:
Great, now I have an urge to get a 2007 in the amber fade *lol* :)

The tom depths have changed as well. They've shaved an inch off them, so now its: 8x7, 10x8, 12x9, etc...
Also, 8" tom now has 5 lugs, 10" now has 6.

Other than additional finishes, and there are some fantastic new ones available, and some other cosmetic changes, they should be pretty much just like the 3005s. The new offerings should really grab a good chunk of the mid-level drum market.

I always thought I would remain a Designer-SQ2 devotee, but the 3007s have me thinking twice. They would be a fantastic looking and sounding gigging kit that you wouldn't have to be paranoid about getting beat up or stolen. (Not that that would not be a bad thing, but at least it is not a 6 or 7 thousand dollar kit to worry over.)

The Midnight Fade and Red Sparkle finishes are really beautiful, and of the others, I don't think there is an ugly one in the bunch. Nice kits, decent prices that most anyone can afford, you just can't go wrong.

Nice improvements, if they only had Die Cast hoops I would buy one when I upgrade..damn it..Why not just add die cast hoops?? Then again I don't think they use die cast hoops on any of their kits.. even the SQ2

those are improvements over the 3005 alright. I have no probs with non-die cast hoops either. As long as they aren't warped, they're goodl

they look nice... and its good to know they've improved without jacking up the price

2007 series ....blue fade is making me pee my pants!!!! LOL....wow !!!

WOW!!!

Thanks to all for the responses. I checked pricing with Mass music and a 5 piece w/ hardware is goin for around 1200.00 frogskin's. You can also get individual drum's as well.

Im so on it !!

Thanks again.

i just checked massmusic but the Force 3007 page says "This Section Coming Soon!"
?

Back