Yahoo.com 10 legendary rock drummers..

I guess I would like to see the definition of "legends"....

I'm a legend in my own mind. But since I didn't make the list, I guess that doesn't count.

I've seen worst lists. It's just well known, influential rock drummers. At least there's no Travis Barker, Joey Jordison, and so on.

Oh boy, 666 posts!

Awesome to see Mitch Mitchell at #2. Seems like he is so underrated. One of my favorite drummers and definitely legendary.

I think this is a list of those drummers who did nt do what some folks always say on these forums "He or she played what the song called for", which is quite debatable when i think of it... instead these folks did some thing more or LESS (IN CHARLEY BOYS CASE) what the song called for... ..

I think this is a list of those drummers who did nt do what some folks always say on these forums "He or she played what the song called for", which is quite debatable when i think of it... instead these folks did some thing more or LESS (IN CHARLEY BOYS CASE) what the song called for... ..

I don't think it has anything to do with what the drummers themselves played and everything to do with the enormous impact that the bands they played in had on the masses

that is what makes them "legendary"

would anyone care who Keith Moon was if he stayed in the Beachcombers ?

no

thank goodness he found the Who..... or the Detours actually.... or were they already the Who.... can't remember.... they may have just changed the name when Keith joined

Agree with Tony largely on the point of it is more about the band than the drummer. But even taking that approach, there are problems with the DW list. For example, the inclusion of Alan White and the exclusion of Bill Bruford. I would presume this would be in the context of the band Yes. Alan is a serviceable drummer but not in the same league as Bruford and arguably Yes's influence after Close to the Edge and Bruford's departure waned significantly.

In the end, all a matter of opinion so I'll shut up now...

Back