Need snare bed cut into drum

RollingStone000

Silver Member
What's happening everyone. Just a quick question; I recently purchased a cheap snare drum and there isn't a bed cut into the resonant side. Does anyone know of any drum shops or anything in the California (I'm in the central valley) that are able to do this modification? Also, I'd rather drive there than have to ship it, but it's not out of the option.

Anyone ever been to Sam Adato's shop in SF? What do you cat's think of his work?

you can do it yourself , is not that hard . I recommend to sand the snare bed in stead of cutting.

by sanding in stead of cutting you can't really damage the shell because is a slow and controlled process

I think I'll try that, it's a cheap drum and it's a spare so no harm no foul if I screw up. Any suggestions on width and depth i should shoot for and possible characteristics? It's a 14" x 5 1/2" poplar drum. Thanks in advance.

if you like your other snare drum , you can copy its snare bed .

but the best part about sanding the snare bed is that you can sand a little bit , then play it for a while , and if you think that it still need a deeper snare bed , you can continue sanding it , until you like how it sounds

Back