need help on new concept...

zavier

I've heard of drummers such as Stewart Copeland and others using die cast hoops on snare drum batters with triple flange hoops (2.3 heavy duty) on the resonant side. Now I am thinking about using this same method on my Sonor kit. Any thoughts, good and bad. Just trying to get some feedback. Thanks...

I prefer triple flanged hoops on my snares, die cast seems to dry them out a bit. My guess is the die cast on the snare side would not have much effect on the timber of the drum but would make the tuning a bit cleaner.

My advice is to give it a shot and let us know what you think. Of course that is for selfish reasons. Now that you have my curiosity peaked, I would really like to hear what you think.

Some cats like die cast, some triple flange, some wood hoops. And lots of cats own multiple snares set up all three ways. Do whatever you want. It's all good.

Just to clarify...I'm talking about using them on the toms (die cast hoop for batter with triple flanged hoop on resonant side).

If you want a more focused sound with less harmonics and resonance , go for it .

If you just want to experiment , I would buy only one hoop for one tom and try it .if you like it , then you can buy for all the drum set . but if you don't like it , this will save you a lot of money

Back