Clear RCI Acrylic in Pearl Masters Hardware

geeza

I just finished building my Acrylic kit thirty minutes ago. I've been working on this project for several months now. It's a five piece kit that's why you can see a Platinum Mist drum in some of the pictures. I drilled all the shells myself which was very tedious but the outcome is very rewarding. I decided to have my own badges made because i didn't want to mislead people into believing that Pearl made an acrylic kit as of late.

Attachments

• IMG_1790.JPG
    IMG_1790.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 953
  • IMG_1789.JPG
    IMG_1789.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,049
  • IMG_1788.JPG
    IMG_1788.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,156
  • IMG_1787.JPG
    IMG_1787.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,914
  • IMG_1784.JPG
    IMG_1784.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 943
Last edited:
Oh man....that is a whole lotta drilling. Looks great.

very nice. i wish i could afford an acrylic set. i haven't noticed that acrylic kits are louder than wood.

very nice. i wish i could afford an acrylic set. i haven't noticed that acrylic kits are louder than wood.

Kirchhoff acrylic sets are really not that expensive.

Looks very nice! I like the silver bass drum hoops. Good job! Did you order shells with the bearing edge already cut or did you also do that yourself?

A whole lotta drilling is right. The bass drum alone took two hours to drill. I had Precision Drum Company do the bearing edges. I do my own bearing edges on wood but not acrylic. The hoops are maple, one midnight fade and one platinum mist i had laying around. I painted them with Valspar aluminum paint. Eventually i'll buy the clear hoops, i just can't afford them right now. Despite what you may hear, these are no louder than maple. I can't speak for other acrylic kits.

Specs are 10X8, 12X9, 14X12, 22X18 and 14X5.5. Shells are 1/4". The Kickport is great. It masks any unwanted tones due to tuning issues etc... and produces a more focussed low end punch. I used it on a DW kit i had. DW uses single ply resonant heads on their bass drums and i could never get it to sound good unless it was miked. The Kickport solved that problem. I don't even need the Evans EQ pad in my bass drum, it's basicly a pillow for my Beta 91 which i use with a Audix D6 in the Kickport. Even Atheists say my kick sounds like God.

Nice, I should try one.
my 20x20 acrylic bass drum already sounds really nice. Plenty of attack but I guess I'm missing some lower tones. I keep it empty without any pillows or muffling (only EMAD1 on batter with the small foam ring), so maybe this could help me out.

thanks!

Back