New Mapex Manhattan w/custom DrumArt head.

Signals

Hi folks,

I received my Mapex Meridan kit in Manhattan configuration from the Mapex Superstore the other day, and I am very pleased with the overall sound and quality of the kit given the very low price.

Also, I just received my first DrumArt head, and I must say that Jim Feck was a pleasure to work with. The head was reasonably priced for what you get -- great service and quick shipping. Not to mention a custom head made exactly to your specs!

Here's a couple pics of the kit. I had to mount the tom on a snare stand because the single-tom holder was missing -- first time that's happened with Mapex, and this is my 5th kit from them. Anyway, I called the Superstore who in turned called Mapex, and they had one shipped to me immediate -- no questions asked.

Attachments

• GEDC0022.jpg
    GEDC0022.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 841
  • GEDC0033.jpg
    GEDC0033.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 912
  • GEDC0034.jpg
    GEDC0034.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 1,062
  • GEDC0036.jpg
    GEDC0036.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 851
Nice! I really like the Manhattan kits.
The head looks great also.
Post sound sample.

Wow! I love that head! It almost reminds me of cotton candy.

cymbal specs?

oh and yes to the sound clips please!

-Jonathan

Thanks guys. The drums project and have a lot more "boom" than I anticipated, and I mean that in a good way.

...I don't have the means to produce a sound sample...sorry.

signals, that is a very sweet looking kit and I know what you mean for the sound, I cannot do that yet either. Thanks for sharing

The best price I have seen for these is $689. Without being intrusive, is this a good price?
(It's odd to me that the Mapex Birch 5 piece kits are $100 less online.)

Thanks all.

Pass.of.E.r.a. -- cymbal specs are -- all Zildjians: 21" sweet ride, 17" K dark med-thin crash, 14" new-beats.

tracer - the kit was $650 shipped -- from MapexSuperstore.com

bobdadruma - thanks for the recording info.

Wow it's a beautiful kit. Can you describe the sound of it? I'm looking for set in those sizes...

great kit! that red is a nice color, classy looking and nice cymbal set up too, must sound awfully sweet that little kit!

Back