New to the site, here are my noise makers.

Nice.

I like DWs but I really like the sizes on that Luddie.

Welcome to DW.

Nice.

I like DWs but I really like the sizes on that Luddie.

Welcome to DW.

That is why I'm using the Ludwig's now and practicing on the DW kit, they boom man! Thanks for the kind welcome!

The black hardware really looks great.

The drums I ordered like that, my good friend owns a custom chopper shop so I had him powdercoat the rack for me and it turned out awesome! I may have him do all the cymbal arms also.

That DW kit is a really beauty! I like that rack and the color of the drums. I think those colors fit very well together.

Very nice kits fuzzybeats! If you feel like experimenting someday, take the rubber gaskets off from under your lugs and butt plate on the snare and replace the plastic straps with snare cord. You won't believe the difference and you'll hear what a supraphonic is supposed to sound like. Those gaskets suck alot of sound out of the shell and the plastic straps inhibit the vibration of the snares. There have been several threads on this subject and the difference is night and day. Just a tidbit for you.....oh, and since you're a Bonham kit fan, here's mine. 1970, 3 ply, clear maple interiors in green sparkle finish. They sound insane!

Attachments

• bonhamkit.jpg
    bonhamkit.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:
Very nice kits fuzzybeats! If you feel like experimenting someday, take the rubber gaskets off from under your lugs and butt plate on the snare and replace the plastic straps with snare cord. You won't believe the difference and you'll hear what a supraphonic is supposed to sound like. Those gaskets suck alot of sound out of the shell and the plastic straps inhibit the vibration of the snares. There have been several threads on this subject and the difference is night and day. Just a tidbit for you.....oh, and since you're a Bonham kit fan, here's mine. 1970, 3 ply, clear maple interiors in green sparkle finish. They sound insane!

First thing I did was take the pic of my LM402 second thing I did was remove all the rubber gaskets (lol) I did some research before I ordered it, I have a 42 strand snare ordered so I will swap out for a snare cord as well Thanks a ton for the honest info. And yeah I seen your kit on the Ludwig page, I'm uber jealous! My dream kit is a green sparkle 3 ply, but hey I picked this kit up with all the hardware and the ZBT's (I know they are horrible, but great practice cymbals) for $875.00 on local craigslist so I had to snag them up. Cheers!!

Last edited:
First thing I did was take the pic of my LM402 second thing I did was remove all the rubber gaskets (lol) I did some research before I ordered it, I have a 42 strand snare ordered so I will swap out for a snare cord as well Thanks a ton for the honest info. And yeah I seen your kit on the Ludwig page, I'm uber jealous! My dream kit is a green sparkle 3 ply, but hey I picked this kit up with all the hardware and the ZBT's (I know they are horrible, but great practice cymbals) for $875.00 on local craigslist so I had to snag them up. Cheers!!

No problem brother. Your kit is awesome, and you got everything for a great price. Congrats! Just wanted to pass along the info about the 402 in case you didn't know. Sounds like you researched it pretty well. That classic Zep snare sound is there with the 42 strand snares, snare string, no gaskets and a coated vintage emperor over an ambassador. Tight bottom head and a medium tight top head and you're really close to copping that sound (except for Bonham's technique!). Anyway, I'm happy for you and I hope you have a blast playing the kit!

No problem brother. Your kit is awesome, and you got everything for a great price. Congrats! Just wanted to pass along the info about the 402 in case you didn't know. Sounds like you researched it pretty well. That classic Zep snare sound is there with the 42 strand snares, snare string, no gaskets and a coated vintage emperor over an ambassador. Tight bottom head and a medium tight top head and you're really close to copping that sound (except for Bonham's technique!). Anyway, I'm happy for you and I hope you have a blast playing the kit!

Ill use your advise for sure thanks again. As far as the technique, that will always be the missing link ill just put on my vinyl Led Zeppelin 4 and let Bonzo do work!!

Back