Rack Mount Picollo

JohnnyG

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
Thought I would give this a try. Thoughts?

photo.jpg

Attachments

• picollo.jpg
    picollo.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 369
Did you want to use it as a back up snare in the traditional sense, i.e to play a constant back beat on a different 'voice'? If so, then my only thoughts are that your arm may get tired with it being up so high and even further forward than your mounted toms. If it's purely for an effect snare i.e, to be played more like a tom, then why not.

I'd say as long as it's comfortable for you GD, then wherever you decide to place a snare is all down to choice. Let us know how you go with it after playing it for a while.

I have my piccolo mounted on an extended stand or on a rack up like that, but far to my left. I agree, for constant playing it would get tiring, but for effects it probably will be okay for you.

Before that, however, I had a pair of 12" mini-hats and my piccolo set over to my left in a "normal" setup, so I could twist 1/4 turn to the left, use the slave pedal to my double kick, and have an instant kit change.

Before that, however, I had a pair of 12" mini-hats and my piccolo set over to my left in a "normal" setup, so I could twist 1/4 turn to the left, use the slave pedal to my double kick, and have an instant kit change.

Neat idea! Sort of a convertible kit.

It is a stretch and may not work as well as I hope but will give it a try for a while.

Aren't the crashes too close to the piccolo??
Do you have another snare on the 'normal' position, or is this the only snare?

Bram

I have a snare in the usual place. The crashes don't hit the piccolo.
I realize also that I have misspelled Piccolo in the Title

not to highjack your topic, but since we both have a nice Pearl rack I was wondering if there are parts to attach the main snare to the rack, like we've seen with the Yamaha Hexrack, to virtually eliminate the footprint of the snarestand.

not to highjack your topic, but since we both have a nice Pearl rack I was wondering if there are parts to attach the main snare to the rack, like we've seen with the Yamaha Hexrack, to virtually eliminate the footprint of the snarestand.

Most rack systems' feet are simply shorter versions of their horizontal bars. You should be able to switch out one T-foot with a longer bar you buy separately or take from another part of the rack. Extend the foot in towards where you would have the snare stand. Take the legs off the snare stand (or use a compatible sized tube from an old cymbal stand) and mount the bottom tube to the foot tube using a normal multi-clamp.

You can do the same for rack mounting a piccolo to a side rack tube, except depending on what height you want it at, you may be able to just use the tube extending from the basket, and not the bottom portion.

Back