My Attempt at building a custom set

texascalidrummer

This is my first attempt at making a custom drum set. it was a maple pro-m with black laquer finish. give me your honest opinion on what you think or how i can improve. thanks

Attachments

• drum5.jpg
    drum5.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 573
  • drum6.jpg
    drum6.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 479
Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Under each of your posts you see the "Edit" and "Quote" buttons (also the "+" sign for multi quotes). While "Quote" lets you quote other users' posts to reply to them (the plus sign lets you select multiple posts to quote from across various posts/users) using the "Edit" button allows you to go back to _any_ of your posts and edit them.

So just "edit" your post to your own discretion - be it for typos, changing your mind, finding better wording etc. No prob!
You can edit your 1st post and delete your 2nd one as the 2nd post would be superfluous.

It's certainly striking, & of course, very personal to you. You've clearly put a lot of work in, & I hope you enjoyed the process. Did you use an enamel paint for the metalwork? Painting over chrome can lead to difficulty with the paint adhesion, or did you strip the parts first?

Good 1st project :)

It looks rather cool actually. As KIS said, certainly personal. I wouldn't mind seeing a photo or 2 of the whole kit set up. Got any more photos?
Good job! :)

Might be just the pics, but the shell looks like it needs a clear coat. Maybe it's on there, and just doesn't show well - cameras do that sometimes.

Back