new thread deleted. help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kind of a fine line.

It's perfectly acceptable to post audio or video of your playing in the appropriate section (Your Place > Your Playing.)

But when a "buy" link also appears with the file, it's a solicitation, even though the file in question is downloadable for free.

It would be like me posting about the new album. That's fine, and is acceptable self-promotion. But if I post a "listen to samples here" link, and it's the Amazon page, it crosses over to being a solicitation.

Bermuda

So it got deleted because it had a link to purchase? WOW....

Nour, did it cost you anything to join? Do you get any value out of this site? I don't understand the mentality of challenging these rules. I have learned so much from this forum I think it is a shame people take issue with the rules. You don't like it, the solution is simple. But complaining on here I think is in bad taste. If you look around it is a very active and robust forum. Stick around and enjoy and contribute within the rules.

Nour, did it cost you anything to join? Do you get any value out of this site? I don't understand the mentality of challenging these rules. I have learned so much from this forum I think it is a shame people take issue with the rules. You don't like it, the solution is simple. But complaining on here I think is in bad taste.

'ay asso' dude is trolling, picking, flaming whatever... with nothing better to say than to complain. no need to engage such individuals.

So it got deleted because it had a link to purchase? WOW....

Bingo. Your link to your own product is soliciting, and that's why the post was deleted. I'll allow the link in your sig, for now, since it's not expressed in the way it is in the body of a post. That is, the reader isn't likely to click on the link as a result of reading the post.

Bermuda

'ay asso' dude is trolling, picking, flaming whatever... with nothing better to say than to complain. no need to engage such individuals.

In this case, it helps reinforce a forum rule, and I think that discussion is good (though only to a point, which is rapidly approaching.)

Bermuda

Bernhard's house... Bernhard's rules.

For all the responses regarding my name; try coming up something I haven't heard before, or consider being a little more mature please!
Nour, did it cost you anything to join? Do you get any value out of this site? I don't understand the mentality of challenging these rules. I have learned so much from this forum I think it is a shame people take issue with the rules. You don't like it, the solution is simple. But complaining on here I think is in bad taste. If you look around it is a very active and robust forum. Stick around and enjoy and contribute within the rules.
I agree with you, I'm not challenging the rules, just simply expressing my opinion. That's sort of the goal here right? We all communicate and express our opinions? Lol I'm not literally trying to change a rule because 1) that would never work 2) it's not really a big deal to me (it's the internet bro!). I'm not trashing the forum either, I was just a little surprised to read that a post got deleted when it was drum related on a drum forum. Irony right?

Bingo. Your link to your own product is soliciting, and that's why the post was deleted. I'll allow the link in your sig, for now, since it's not expressed in the way it is in the body of a post. That is, the reader isn't likely to click on the link as a result of reading the post.

Bermuda

So a link to bandcamp on the "your playing" section is okay, because I literally just saw a post like that. What exactly did snarebuzz do wrong? Obiously I can't see his original post so I'd like to know where it went wrong.

So a link to bandcamp on the "your playing" section is okay, because I literally just saw a post like that. What exactly did snarebuzz do wrong? Obiously I can't see his original post so I'd like to know where it went wrong.

Okay, once more, just for you.

A member may post an attachment of their song, or a link to a site with that song, and that's normally fine.

If there is a solicitation for that member's work associated with following the link in that member's post, it is normally not fine.

If one member gets another member to post the solicitation link in order to skirt around the condition above, I will suspend both members for 11 days.

If either member asks "why 11 days?", I will make it 17 days instead.

Bermuda

Last edited:
For all the responses regarding my name; try coming up something I haven't heard before, or consider being a little more mature please!

I agree with you, I'm not challenging the rules, just simply expressing my opinion. That's sort of the goal here right? We all communicate and express our opinions? Lol I'm not literally trying to change a rule because 1) that would never work 2) it's not really a big deal to me (it's the internet bro!). I'm not trashing the forum either, I was just a little surprised to read that a post got deleted when it was drum related on a drum forum. Irony right?

Nothing ironic at all.The rules say clearly.no spamming.The original post was completely self promoting ,ergo...SPAM.Drum related or not.What's so hard to understand?Not everything drum related,can be posted here....there are limits as to what you can post.

Just because somethings drum related,dosen't mean it's ok to post it..And you really did trash the forum ,by saying in your post,this forum is a drag.Please go back and re read what you posted,and explain why saying that ...wasn't trashing this place.Your kidding right?

Steve B

Man this thread. Kinda dulled the sparkle a little. Some of these responses are a little too harsh. The OP appears apologetic, some people questioned the response of others not meaning any offensive, and others just seem to come off a bit bullish.

Lets move past this? He spammed, seemed to apologized and looks like he wont break the rule again. (hopefully)

There are a bunch of forums out there that let you conduct business, this isn't one of them and I appreciate that.

So let us adjourn to the mahogany paneled room and discuss this over brandy and cigars.

Hip Hip!

Man this thread. Kinda dulled the sparkle a little. Some of these responses are a little too harsh. The OP appears apologetic, some people questioned the response of others not meaning any offensive, and others just seem to come off a bit bullish.

Lets move past this? He spammed, seemed to apologized and looks like he wont break the rule again. (hopefully)

We're drummers. The dead horse must be kicked until it's a dusty shell.

There are a bunch of forums out there that let you conduct business, this isn't one of them and I appreciate that.

So let us adjourn to the mahogany paneled room and discuss this over brandy and cigars.

Hip Hip!

why did this image just pop in my head

11c4p49.png

As I said before, I think this discussion is good, to a point. I'm pretty sure we've gone past that point.

The rules have been re-explained a few times in a few ways for clarity, and anyone trying to argue further is just jerking the mods' booties.

So... thread closed.

Bermuda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back