my 2$ yamaha kit

Evilbagua

Silver Member
I know I keep posting here but this is so awesome I couldn't resist. I just got a 3 piece single lug older stage custom for 2$ and change from a used bookstore. Ok so they were selling it for 80$, but I had some instore trade on items I got for free so I talked them to 60$ since I had almost that in credit. The bad news is the bass drum heads are shot with holes and the tom heads were beaten to crap and the drums are dinged up maybe 6-7 out of 10 overall shape. However I had spare tom heads with life left so I figure at 2$ + new bass drum heads I come out a winner.

In total I ended up with a 22,14,10 with 2 tom mounts and a boom stand missing the boom to hold the FT (so tiny for me it's weird)

Attachments

• 2dollayammy.JPG
    2dollayammy.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 612
Great score man! When you get tired of these dinky little drums you can always sell them for a bit more than you paid. I can't imagine why the threads you start never get any love. Maybe you've offended all these old guys with you huge drums and mammoth snare drums...

Sweet! Must post pics when you have them all fixed up!

Great score man! When you get tired of these dinky little drums you can always sell them for a bit more than you paid. I can't imagine why the threads you start never get any love. Maybe you've offended all these old guys with you huge drums and mammoth snare drums...

haha I hope not. I think I'll end up selling them, since my steel kit is my "gigging beater kit" right now.

They look like Stage Customs and their not single lugs their low mass the same as the top of the line Recording Customs. Theres nothing dingy about them their just about the best drums made in their price range and for $2.00 they ARE the best drums made hahahaha!!! The sizes are perfect for all kinds of music and if you put a Aq.Super Kick 1 on the bass batter you will be kickin some butt!!! Send them to be I'll triple your investment to $6.00 + an extra $4.00 finders fee. The hardware is worth 50.00! Doc

They look like Stage Customs and their not single lugs their low mass the same as the top of the line Recording Customs. Theres nothing dingy about them their just about the best drums made in their price range and for $2.00 they ARE the best drums made hahahaha!!! The sizes are perfect for all kinds of music and if you put a Aq.Super Kick 1 on the bass batter you will be kickin some butt!!! Send them to be I'll triple your investment to $6.00 + an extra $4.00 finders fee. The hardware is worth 50.00! Doc

They are stage customs, I don't know how old, but I know the current ones have different lugs. I think I can get more than 10$ via craigslist lol.

Wow!..great price for the stage customs!...Yamaha made that version of the stage customs (with the high tension lugs) from the mid-to-late 90's through early 2000's...

Holy cow!!! You made a good business, but listen, it's about to get even better.

I know a wealthy investor who loves Stage Customs and is willing to pay you... listen closely... 10 times what you paid for them, really, ten times!!!

It's like the deal of the century! $20 for a $2 investment!!! This guy's crazy!! You better jump on that deal now! I'll be sending you the $20 in behalf of him. Pack 'em up and send 'em this way. :D

Haha. Congrats. Cheers!

Very Nice, I own a set like that but different color and I paid $350 for mine. Great find. Those are gooing to sound very very nice once you get new heads on. I believe they are a combination of Birch/Mahogany/Falkata wood. I use 2 ply head batter as well as 2 ply reso on the toms and they sound sweet. Look the numbers up on yamaha and they will tell you the year and wood type etc..

Back