PDP MX Series

kevmac858

i don't think PDP makes them anymore. I bought one last night used of a guy from C-List and i think its a great set. I'm still an intermediate, but the sizes are interesting and when tuned right, they sound really good. here are the sizes:

DRUMS:
PDP:24x18 bass drum
12x9 rack tom
14x12 floor tom
16x14 floor tom
CB Drums:14x6 snare

CYMBALS:
Sabian B8: 14" Hi-hats
16" Crash
14" Crash
20" Ride
Zildijan ZBT: 10" Splash

Sticks: Mainly Vic Firth 5A

Heads: Tom Batter- Remo Ambassador
Tom Resonant- Remo Emporer
Snare Batter: Evans Genera G2 Coated
Snare Resonant: Stock
Bass Batter: Remo Powerstroke 3
Bass Resonant: Remo Ambassador Ebony

I want to get a 18" crash, from Zildjian or Sabian as well as a 18"China from either brand as well

Last edited:
i don't think PDP makes them anymore. I bought one last night used of a guy from C-List and i think its a great set. I'm still an intermediate, but the sizes are interesting and when tuned right, they sound really good. here are the sizes:

24x18 bass drum
12x9 rack tom
14x12 floor tom
16x14 floor tom

I was going to get a pdp mx back in the day . Never got to save up the money though. It's a great set. Are you sure about those floor tom depths?

. Are you sure about those floor tom depths?
ya i have some pictures of them on my profile, they are very interesting looking but i think sound great. all maple black to cherry fade. here are the pictures i have of the toms from the best angle to see the sizes
DSCN1940.jpg
DSCN1941.jpg
DSCN1942.jpg

Very nice! I love the color. I bet they sound great!

ya i really like them. i still need to tune them better though, i think its a major hassle, especially finding what pitch to tune them in. how do you suggest tuning? by note or if you like the sound? i also think i am going t get a 18' crash and probably some type of china to go by the floor toms, it looks to empty to me haha

24x18 bass drum
12x9 rack tom
14x12 floor tom
16x14 floor tom

Are those the Birch shells or the maple in the laquer finish? I have a maple CXR kit which are the same sizes in the red sparkle wrap that are just sweet sounding. PS3 front/back on kick. Coated amb/clear ambs on the toms and snare. I also bought the matching 10x8 tom after the fact with the money I saved on the clearance/blowout price I got on the kit. I just like the 6pc config

exactly. all maple. this is only my 2nd kit (im 16) and i already love it. it was a steal from the guy i bought it from. now all i need is an 18" crash and china on the floor toms side and it will be complete :)

I play pdp, and it's hard to beat them for the money. A while back i played the MXR series kit, and almost bought it. it sounded really good.

Hey man, ive got a 7 piece PDP MX Series kit. However, I cant find anything about this on either the official DW website or PDP website. I think there amazing kits and sound brilliant. Ive had a bash on a £3k DW kit that my mate has and listened to some recordings of it and i can barely tell the difference betwen them. Its shocking the quality you get for the money. I'm trying to upgrade my kit by adding another kick, few toms etc. but cant find another like it. Did you buy yours privately or from a dealer? (Very nice kit btw)

Very nice kit, I especially like the 16 floor tom. Been looking for one for my CX.
They will serve you well.

Hey man, ive got a 7 piece PDP MX Series kit. However, I cant find anything about this on either the official DW website or PDP website. I think there amazing kits and sound brilliant. Ive had a bash on a £3k DW kit that my mate has and listened to some recordings of it and i can barely tell the difference betwen them. Its shocking the quality you get for the money. I'm trying to upgrade my kit by adding another kick, few toms etc. but cant find another like it. Did you buy yours privately or from a dealer? (Very nice kit btw)

I bought mine off of Craigslist, so yes it was a local second-hand purchase. I would try looking on ebay because they sometimes have them but i think pdp discontinued the MX line. But I agree, I love the sound. I am looking into some new cymbals to compliment them though. Check out the following link to see some more updated pictures. http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52337

and diggie: i love the floor tom. contrary to most, the pinstripes sound awesome and i think they turned out fantastic on a studio recording I did a few months ago

Nice kit kevmac858.

I like that color a lot. Nice sizes too.

Holy Moongels! JK, if it gets the sound you want in that room, that's what counts.

Have fun with it!

Back