Tom angles!!!!

Re: tom angles!!!!

The main reason why tom angles are so funny is the unecassarity of it. To me, it just looks very "greenhorn", simply because the majority of professional drummers have slightly angled toms, not as extreme as in this thread and it is such a common thing for amateurs to angle the crap out of each tom. The point is, whoever set up thier toms in such a fashion, couldn't possibly have taken the time to study other drummers as many here have. I am not trying to crucify beginners, but I believe if any beginning drummer that is half way serious about thier playing, they would see that reasonable tom angles will help thier playing.

It really is no different to an old lady who drives thier car while crammed all up into the steering wheel, with thier head even with the dash. Have you ever set up your drivers seat that way? It is extremely uncomfortable and unecassary. Releasing the seat back to a more comfortable position allows you to see all the mirrors, steer without problems, and "loosen up" at the wheel.

Of course, there are always exceptions, such as the old lady needing to "see", or the occasional professional drummer with extreme tom angles, but these few are a small percentage of the whole. So don't feel amateur if you represent either the old lady or the extreme tom angled drummer, as long as you have researched your subject matter.

Christ on a bike! These are some groundbreaking new angles for you all to gawp at.

Sadly, this is just another case of the tom depth actually necessitating such an angle, I really can't see how they could be angled any more efficiently... apart from the far right tom, lol.

Pretty far-out looking kit too.
chuck.jpg

I'm at a loss for words.......

Attachments

• 3nc3p53l9ZZZZZZZZZ944e312e4dcfe791dc4.jpg
    3nc3p53l9ZZZZZZZZZ944e312e4dcfe791dc4.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 1,093

I think this might be the first time I've seen a tom mounted higher than the crash cymbal (and that cymbal's mounted pretty high).

TomAngles.jpg

I think the seller of this kit has stage fright...and used this wall of drums to isolate himself from the audience.

The only way they knew he was in there...was the occasional stick being thrown from behind there to hit a cymbal.

I can't believe this thread is still alive and well ha ha.

That poor abused Mapex kit....

So, other than the flames, and what I can only assume are hand-drawn decals by Mr. iluv2bang91 himself (this whole post just screams class, doesn't it?), is the posting just wrong or did Mapex at one point make a 21" bass drum? I'd be interested in trying a 21" if it actually exists.

What's worse, the guys who get flames painted on their drums, or the guys who get them painted on their cars? :)

Back