New(ish) Crashes

Solaris

Silver Member
Over the past few months I've replaced my Paistes with Sabians. This week I picked up my third crash, an 18" AAX-Plosion. Now I just need a 19" HHX-Plosion and my setup will be complete. Love these cymbals, especially the Evo crash, great for quick accents and swells.

Anyway specs are:
18" Sabian HHx Evolution Crash
18" Sabian Signature/Vault Saturation crash (Signed by Dom Famularo and Virgil Donati)
18" Sabian AAX-Plosion Crash

Attachments

• Sabian Crashes.jpg
    Sabian Crashes.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 326
  • signatures.jpg
    signatures.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 321
Play those babies! What use are they on a display? If you're a good drummer they'll last a lifetime anyway

Very nice cymbals, although you're not actually going to play a signed cymbal are you?

Don't see why not? I had it signed on the underside, and transport it in a plastic cymbal bag inside the hardcase so it doesn't rub against the others. Eventually the signatures will fade, but I got them to sign a drumhead as well. Besides, it serves more as the memory of seeing them in clinic and the inspiration I drew from them. Especially Dom, he's a master clinician, and did a great tribute to Jim Chapin.

really nice cymbals.. and tell me... how does that virgil donati saturation cymbal sound? A lot of wash??? dark??? bright??? dry??? I always asked me...
Thanks in advance

really nice cymbals.. and tell me... how does that virgil donati saturation cymbal sound? A lot of wash??? dark??? bright??? dry??? I always asked me...
Thanks in advance

That Virgil Donati Signature is a great cymbal, the word I would describe it with is powerful... It's dark(ish), meh a bit of wash but sounds amazing if you lay into it!

The Saturation Crash is quite a bright cymbal, and develops into a great full bodied, rounded sound. The raw bell acts as a sort of EQ (if you believe the Sabian hype), but I feel that it does mellow the sound the sound somewhat.

Don't see why not? I had it signed on the underside, and transport it in a plastic cymbal bag inside the hardcase so it doesn't rub against the others. Eventually the signatures will fade, but I got them to sign a drumhead as well. Besides, it serves more as the memory of seeing them in clinic and the inspiration I drew from them. Especially Dom, he's a master clinician, and did a great tribute to Jim Chapin.

oh right i didn't realise it was signed on the underside.

some very nice pies you have there, great touch getting a signature on the one crash there, enjoy the great Sabians man...

Back